1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office 12/1

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by jamesbobo, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Dec 2, 2011 #1 of 32
    jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    I thought this was one of the best episodes this season. Finally, the character of Robert California was put to good use and Andy was really in the hot seat.
    I can't say the gym subplot was all that interesting but the rest of the episode made up for it.

2. Dec 2, 2011 #2 of 32
    rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Nice to see that they brought back the fact that Dwigt owned the building. They need to do something with Andy, he's getting very stale as the boss Phyllis fart jokes notwithstanding.

3. Dec 2, 2011 #3 of 32
    ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This was without a doubt my favorite episode so far this season. There were multiple places where I had to rewind and watch again for a second laugh. The Andy/California dynamic is hilarious.

I was glad to see the ridiculous (IMO) stand-up workspace finally get ridiculed on this show.

4. Dec 2, 2011 #4 of 32
    trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    But I thought Mrs. California already had a job, as a reporter/producer for an all-news radio station in New York.

5. Dec 2, 2011 #5 of 32
    jsmeeker

jsmeeker Notable Member TCF Club

Apr 2, 2001
    Dallas
    he really needed a treadmill to complete the package.

6. Dec 2, 2011 #6 of 32
    pudding7

pudding7 New Member

May 13, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I thought it was an ok episode.

I think the problem with The Office now is that there are too many great characters for 20 minutes of show. Did Meredith say anything this episode? Kelly had one line? Pam's replacement didn't say anything. I know there's always been some element of that, but I feel like it's been the Andy/Jim/Dwight show for too long now. Someone hit Meredith with a car! Get Creed to dip back into the printer toner/hair dye!

Though I did like how Ryan was talking about his foundation putting someone out of business. What kind of charity/foundation puts anyone out of business?

And who is Gabriel? Did Oscar adopt a kid?

7. Dec 2, 2011 #7 of 32
    Bryanmc

Bryanmc I'm normal.

Sep 5, 2000
    Richardson,...
    I have a stand up desk, have for a couple of years now and I love it. Y'all haters can chill. :D

I thought the best line of the night was Dwight's: "First you get the black people to come, then the white people will come, then you get the black people to stop coming. One step at a time."

8. Dec 2, 2011 #8 of 32
    rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Creed is into flying helicopters on the roof during the workday.

9. Dec 2, 2011 #9 of 32
    Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    When Jim came up on the roof, he told Creed, "I was never here" and Creed said, "How about your friend?" :D:p Got to love Creed-but ITA, we could use more! ;):up::up:

10. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I believe you're mistaken.
    She had a job as a doctor at County General in Chicago.

11. ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    I love Creed dearly, but he's really more of a spice to add in small doses, not a main dish. That said, a little more spice would be nice.

12. maharg18

maharg18 Active Member

Dec 3, 2002
    Chattanooga, TN
    I thought this was one of funniest episodes in recent memory. Even my wife loved it and usually she's not a big fan of the show.

13. uncdrew

uncdrew Annie 2.0

Aug 6, 2002
    Down South
    I liked dwight's first gym

14. ct1

ct1 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2003
    Maryland
    I must say -- not many gyms have a dedicated phonebook ripping station..

15. GoHalos

GoHalos Registered User

Aug 30, 2006
    OC, CA
    This was one of the more funny episodes in recent memory for me. It had me laughing out loud several times.

The awkwardness of Andy trying to figure out what he was supposed to do was great.

16. Langree

Langree The Gimp

Apr 29, 2004
    Freezinmyass...
    Jim whispering to Dwight: "You know I have to do it"

Dwight: "I know"

You see it coming, but still funny.

17. RGM1138

RGM1138 I wanna Rock

Oct 6, 1999
    Gulfport, MS
    Well, she worked at both of those concerns. Sadly, both went out of business for lack of clients.

Also heard she had a job as an attorney. I wonder how that worked out.

18. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    His foundation was "Wishmakers" or something like that. His implied goal was to put his competition "Make-a-Wish Foundation" out of business, so his foundation would be top dog. Funny stuff. :)

19. Fish Man

Fish Man Phish Food

Mar 4, 2002
    0.7 miles...
    Excellent episode!

Proof that the show has potential to be great without Michael.

In some threads I've been in the minority with this opinion, but I tend to love anything that James Spader does.

He was BRILLIANT in this episode, as was Ed Helm's Andy trying to figure out how to deal with the impossible situation.

Add to the mix of the wonderful awkwardness that Andy had to deal with the absolute best "Creed moment" in 3 or 4 seasons and all I can say is "wow"!

Great episode!

20. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I dunno.. I enjoyed the episode, but this was almost more stress-worthy than cringeworthy moments of Carell's character.

So he tells the manager to NOT let her have a job, and whenever he tries to say she can't have a job, California acts all mad that he's telling him what to do.

Yeah, I get it, but stressful...