1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Office: 11-15-2012 **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Alfer, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Well it looks like a lot of time bombs about to go off next episode.

Poor Jim, I knew the minute they we talking all snarky to him on the phone call that he was out and will lose all his $$$.

2. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    I don't think that's it. I think that's the exit strategy for Jim and Pam. John and Jenna are only signed for a limited number of episodes this year, IIRC. Me thinks the Halperts will be moving soon.

3. KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I concur

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Hmm. I didn't realize that.

Note this is a spoiler thread so no need to hide stuff. :)

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    That was just supremely stupid overall. First, Jim would never take a personal call for a different job at his desk in the middle of the office. He could have found a quiet place in a hallway, the bathroom, sitting in his car. It was totally ridiculous that they're threatening to kick Jim out of the company because he can't find a quiet place to talk on the phone.

Pretty savvy how Dwight figured out that giving Jan a young new assistant might actually win the account.

6. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    This is a spoiler thread about stuff that's happened in the show up to and including this episode. The information spoiled above is from an outside source and not something that's happened within the episodes that have aired to date, so it's definitely something that should be spoilered.

7. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    :rolleyes:

:up:
    I was just going to say that.

8. KRS

KRS Mmm...invisible cola

Jan 30, 2002
    Franklin, MA
    Jim's phone call issues were stupid. Anyone who has to make a personal call in an office environment knows that you find an empty conference room, stairwell, or worst case, sit in your car.

Jan's shellshocked assistant was funny.

Dwight's "listening face" was great.

The stuff about the moustache/mouth looking like an eyebrow/eye socket was amusing.

Andy on the boat and dropping everything in the water felt forced and unfunny.

The show still has its moments, but it is getting a bit tiresome.

9. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    "I used to watch Pulp Fiction and laugh, but now I think, 'The Gimp is somebody's son'."

10. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Totally agree about this. That cold open scene was ridiculous. They tend to make Andy be as smart or as stupid or as incompetent as the plot demands. That's horrible writing.

11. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    Me too. Felt like a bad SNL skit.

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    Are those kind of Andy scenes things they do because Helms is out filming a movie or something? Those seem so unfunny/not entertaining for them to be doing if he is right there and available like the rest of the cast. Although at this point, they're winding down and I don't put much stock into how well they do some things or not. Just riding out the wave until the end, I guess. The show does seem like a shell of it's former self, and far fewer items that rate with some of the better things they've done.

An example of night and day for me - this week with Dwigt learning to sell to women versus last week with Dwigt on the radio show. Gastly versus great.

13. lambertman

lambertman To see you, Nice

Dec 20, 2002
    Indianapolis...
    It's really hard to remember how wonderful this show used to be.

14. Satchel

Satchel Active Member

Dec 8, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    I'm hoping that's the last we'll see of Andy.

Jim and Pam need to go. The whole sports marketing storyline is getting old. His character plays too stupid sometimes.

15. markymark_ctown

markymark_ctown Active Member

Oct 11, 2004
    C-Town
    yes....the andy scene was weak. he may be off filming hangover 3, no?

16. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    The third Hangover movie is shooting right now.

17. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I sort of feel bad for Angela.

18. rahnbo

rahnbo Active Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Florida
    On a positive note I've actually been enjoying the Mindy Project. I really disliked her character on The Office and thought I'd hate that show but there is something surprisingly enjoyable about MP.

19. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    Same here. I expected to hate it, but TMP is oddly charming, like a more serious 30 Rock.

20. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I think you were supposed to dislike Kelly. Most people don't want to work with someone like that.....yet so many do.

I can't decide how I feel about MP. I'm still watching and hoping to really like it at some point.