1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New TiVo Apps - Like Netflix

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by bradleys, May 11, 2012.

1. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    I thought I would start another thread just to talk about the design aproach being used with apps on the TiVo. Nothing wrong with them, same apps used on every other connected device, but they just seem rather clumsly on the TiVo.

I would rather see applications like Netflix more seemlessly integrated - It seems to be less integrated now.

My perfect Netfix app on TiVo?

• I would be able to add to my queue directly from TiVo seach
    • My queue would be presented to me as a folder in the NPL, and;
    • when I slect a movie to play it would work using the TiVo inteface, just as you would with an MRS stream...

This isn't what I expected, but definately what I would like!

I suppose this is a branding and "ownership" issue and not really a TiVo design decision - but I hate having to go into a different inteface for different content.

Thoughts? Do you like the Netflix app as it is? Would you rather see it more seemlessly integrated?

2. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    Seamless integration would be better. But Netflix designed the application. And the new application is now more consistent with many of the Netflix applications on other devices. Which is what I would think Netflix wants. TiVo would probably need to pay something to tailor the Netflix application be be more integrated with the TiVo experience.