1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Mob Doctor burning off new episodes on Saturdays

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by That Don Guy, Dec 17, 2012.

1. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    With three four episodes of The Mob Doctor left, and only four Mondays left in which to air them - two of which are Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve - Fox has decided to burn off episodes 11 and 12 on Saturday nights (12/29 and 1/5) at 9 PM, in place of "Fox's repeat of the week" (which I think is currently Masterchef), and the finale on Monday 1/7. (Fox is airing marathons of its four Tuesday comedies during Christmas week, and a repeat a fourth new episode will air on 12/31.)

A 2-hour Bones airs on 1/14, and The Following premieres in the Monday 9:00 time slot on 1/21.

2. pig_man

pig_man Member

Jun 4, 2009
    It's actually four episodes, not three, with the additional airing on Dec. 31.

3. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    I stand corrected. I saw ID number "104" for 12/31 and assumed it was a repeat, not realizing that they had jumped from 103 to 105. Based on the description, it may have been intended for New Year's Eve all along.

4. That Don Guy

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Fox is sending mixed messages - the commercials for the 1/7 episode call it the "Season Finale", implying there will be a Season 2, but during the 1/5 episode, there was a commercial for "the complete series" on DVD and Blu-Ray.

I know it won't be back, but you would think Fox would have corrected the ad for the next episode. (Then again, didn't Fox do the same thing with Alcatraz's "season finale"?)

Speaking of the finale, I wonder if they made any changes to it when they realized it would be the last episode of the series. For example...
    I don't think they would have revealed that Constantine was Grace's father (which happens in the finale) if there was going to be a second season

5. kimsan

kimsan underling

Jan 23, 2002
    Greenbackvil...
    Waiting for the last episode ar tonight, but wasn't that readily apparent if not confirmed from the start of the series?

At any rate we enjoyed the run, but the cliches and standard-issue plot devices certainly weakened what could have been a much better show.