1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The League S4E01 "Training Camp" 10/11/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Oct 12, 2012.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I just knew as soon as she started in on the fantasies that someone was going to end up seeing her vinegar strokes.

Shivakamini Somakandarkram!

I thought it was a good season opener. They really went all out on the guest stars this time.

Poor Chalupa Batman MacArthur.

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Wow.....just....wow. Great season opener. Love this show...naked Taco was disgusting, though...but hilarious!

3. marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Haha. I died with the chalupa name as I actually have a similarly stupid name prepared for my first child.

The cowboys stuff cracked me up and made me sad at the same time. I thought Jerry jones was surprisingly funny

4. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
  5. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    That's tricky, they obviously filmed all the Cowboys training camp stuff in the pre-season, but they must have added the website thing after.

Fantastic episode!

6. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    I still have no idea what they are talking about when it comes to fantasy football (not a sports fan), but the cast is so great I don't care.

7. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    That also was me...until I started playing fantasy FB. Now I understand it a little...

8. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Just don't do anything Taco does and you should be good :D

9. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    He won the Shiva once :)

10. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Not a fan of the opener, going big time with guest stars didn't do it for me. Less sports cameos and more of the gang please!

11. Bierboy

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I thought there was plenty of the gang and the cameos were well-placed and well-timed.

12. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I kind of felt the same way. There's a reason those guys are football players and not actors. Still pretty good, but could have been better with less time wasted saying, "Hey it's So and So."

13. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    It's a long enough season and there's plenty of 'just the guys' stuff throughout, so having the season premiere/draft episodes feature a number of the real NFL players is just fine in my book. Makes it a little bigger show than just a bunch of FF guys, and I'm ok with that. Plenty of season left for the league.