1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"The League" moving to a new channel

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by zordude, Aug 26, 2013.

1. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Warning to everyone that The League season premiere (9/4) is on FXX.

Supposedly this channel will be available to me starting on 9/2, talk about cutting it close!

2. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: Our BS cableco (Mediacom) is slotting FXX in a premium tier meaning I'll have to get this show by other means....grrrrrrrr.....

3. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The channel doesn't exist until 9/2, so they have to cut it close. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is also moving to FXX and will also be debuting on 9/4.

Given that many cable systems haven't yet reached deals to carry FXX, I wonder if FX will air reruns of these shows for the first few weeks, or will they basically sacrifice the ratings of these shows in order to create demand for their channel?

4. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    League, Its Always Sunny and Legit are all moving to FXX when Fox Soccer is shut down.

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown: To magical means they go..

5. jjd_87

jjd_87 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    WV
    I called up and added Suddenlinks sports tier for FXX because thats where FSC is right now. The rep on the phone said they don't have any plans to move it at the moment. :confused: So I have 30 days to cancel for free if they wind up moving it to a lower tier that I already subscribe to. I'd imagine a lot of cable systems are going to have this channel out in no mans land for a while.

6. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I have to remember to set that SP. To me, the best part of football season starting is the return of The League :)

7. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    +1