1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The LA Complex

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aadam101, Oct 10, 2012.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/14/t...tch+(Entertainment+Weekly/EW.com's:+PopWatch)

Is anyone watching? Is there any merit to this article?

I'm somewhat intrigued. Somehow the show made it to season 2 despite having the lowest rated debut of any network drama EVER.

There are also no episode threads about this show on this forum at all.

I feel like I should be watching for some reason.

2. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I did watch every episode because it was summer and because Jewel Staite was in it.
    And my reaction is, what was the writer of that article smoking?

It's a horrible show with vacuous and unintelligent characters for the most part and a rather outrageous view of Los Angeles.

Staite does chew the scenery well and Kaldrick does raise a inkling of sympathy but that's about the only emotional response that it generates in me.

Otherwise, I turn off my brain and get crackers to go with the copious amounts of cheese streaming from the TV.

3. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    My wife watched the first season last year and then is catching up with season 2 on Hulu right now. She likes it a lot, but mainly as a guilty pleasure type of show. I occasionally watch bits with her, and I find it heads and tails above shows like Gossip Girl or 90210. The acting isn't terrible, and I think it actually gets the struggle of being an artist (actor/singer/whatever) in a huge town that spits them out like clockwork pretty right. It's also pretty relentlessly negative in that bad things happen to the characters all.the.time. If they catch breaks, they immediately lose them. :)

4. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    And the ratings don't matter much because it is a Canadian show and does fairly well up there. The CW just buys the rights and slaps it on in the summer when nothing else is on.

5. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    You'll hear plenty of 'Surrys' and 'Aboots'.

6. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The thing is, the bad things that happen are almost always the characters' own fault due to the bad decisions they make.
    It's hard to have sympathy for these people when they have such horrible decision making skills.

Although the "Church of Scienetics" did make me chuckle

7. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Oh, the characters are totally dumb in the choices they make. That's true. Young and stupid, all of them.

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Seriously? That's enough to make me pass.