1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Killing "The Reckoning" 7/21/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jul 22, 2013.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    Some serious acting chops were on display in this episode.

I'll admit to my eyes watering up when Bullet's picture was on the board.

I was on the "They're gonna do it" train when Holder and Linden were on his couch. Thank the tv gods that they didn't.

Even though the prison subplot feels like it's being shoehorned into the main story, there's some fine acting going on in those scenes too.

Damn lying kid.
  2. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    This episode was directed by Jonathan Demme and that probably had a big influence on the quality.
  3. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I am really enjoying this show.
  4. dwells

dwells Active Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Birmingham, Al
    Wow- that was one of the best hours of television I've seen in quite awhile- just incredible.

Anyone who dropped this show after last season is really missing out
  5. NJ_HB

Mar 21, 2007
    Great episode, nice tune up from last season.
  6. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    The previous weeks episode was just as good. Fantastic show...
  7. crazywater

crazywater USS TiVo NCC-1780

Mar 7, 2001
    I've got a feeling this prison subplot is going to figure in somehow... :p
  8. brebeans

brebeans New Member

Sep 5, 2003
    It's not shoehorned....there's been a connection all along. We just need to see how it plays out. They still haven't found the "real" killer that she's been looking for......And, how did the kid know to point out Mills (?)...is there something going on there?
    I love this show and I thought Bullet was a great character. Sorry she had to die to move things along.....
  9. AlphaDelta

AlphaDelta Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Ann Arbor, MI
    For a second there I thought it was going to be Jewel Staite in the trunk.
  10. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Not convinced Mills was actually in Alaska when Seward's wife was killed. He SAID he was going, but how does Danette know he was actually there?

Also agree this show keeps getting better and better; I stuck with it through thick and thin defending it here on TCF repeatedly. And I still believe it was better than most gave it credit for earlier on. But I agree it's much better this season...
  11. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I really don't think Mills is the killer. Even though it's kind of preposterous to think that someone went through this much trouble to set him up, it just doesn't add up. He's a deviant for sure, but he seemed genuinely concerned that there was a killer out there in early episodes.
  12. fred2

fred2 New Member

Jan 20, 2006
    I have not seen any episode after this one but last week (I'm behind), my speculation:

I was convinced it was one of the cops. I'm speculating. Either Holder's new "partner" or the boss cop.

Now I'm more convinced it is the partner cop. He is the one that turned up with the rings. There was also a discussion that Bullet put up a fight and the partner cop had a bandaid on his hand when Holder beat him up.

Great Show.
  13. gweempose

gweempose Active Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    For the people that stuck with this show, was it worth it? I ask this in all seriousness. I watched the entire first season and then quit the show after a couple episodes into the second season. I just found it to be extremely depressing and was honestly quite bored. It just seemed like the show was spinning its wheels and not really getting anywhere. Did I quit too soon? Should I go back and catch up?
  14. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I'd just start with season 3--it's the best of them all IMO.
  15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    If you found it depressing, than I'd skip it altogether...

I did not and enjoyed all three (two?) seasons...
  16. JLucPicard

JLucPicard New Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    If you've got the time, I would say go for it. I've watched it all and enjoyed it and felt my time was well spent. And I watch a LOT of TV.
  17. Anthjo

Anthjo New Member

Aug 7, 2007
    Is it true this show is in limbo and actually was cancelled before being resurrected for season 3? IMHO, it's the best drama on television.
  18. mike_k

mike_k Registered User

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    Yep - but many will agree that season 3 was much better than 1 & 2.