1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Killing Season Two news

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Jan 15, 2012.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Possible spoilers for season two...
    {spoilers only in the broadest sense...}

News from TVLine.com

http://www.tvline.com/2012/01/dates-killing-season-2-mad-men-season-5-walking-dead/
    {bold is mine}
    First, I don't really care, I'm over this show. I have no intention of watching another minute of it.

Having said that... They're gonna wait until the end of the entire season to reveal the killer? I think they have no realization of how much hostility people still have toward this show. And when the word spreads that you gotta invest another season in such a poorly written show to get some closure... :eek:

I would expect ratings to drop 30-40% this season. Of the 4-5 people I personally know who watch it, all were unhappy. I think the producers have lost their minds.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'm with you! Not only have I dropped this show from my life, I don't even care anymore, one whit, who killed her. That show had some potential, but they killed it. Maybe THAT is the killing they should storyline. :D

3. TheMerk

TheMerk Always Bid First

Feb 26, 2001
    Salt Lake...
    I'm not as angry with the producers as I was immediately after the S1 finale. I'm ready to go back to the show.

4. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    ...as am I. However, I wonder if he meant the S2 premiere and not finale. That makes absolutely no sense to drag it out another 10 or whatever episodes...

5. w1ngman

w1ngman New Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Nope, the news reported that they plan to hang 100% of S2 on still finding her killer, only to be revealed apparently in the final episode of S2... The *whole town* ain't that interesting to keep me engaged in wondering who the killer turns out to be...much less the slow character discovery the writers/director trundle you through... Thanks, but no thanks...

6. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Even with the complaints this is still better than most of what is on television.

7. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    There is no way I will watch Season 2. It's not like season 1 was that great, and without a completion of the mystery, nope.

8. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    I'm not big on cutting off my nose to spite my face. I didn't like how they ended the season last year, but it's still among the best shows on the air and I'll be watching.

9. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I don't get how anyone could say this is better than most other shows on TV. The pilot was awesome, but it's been pointed out that was a scene for scene copy of the original. I begrudgingly watched the show go to crap after that, then the episode when the girl cop on a morning jog luckily stumbled on the big clue that broke the case (something I complained a simple Google search would produce) sealed the deal for me that this show was crap. The cops are not working the case at all, instead they're just getting distracted on anything that takes us, the audience, on some wild chase that we know won't pan out.

A second season of more of the same is not interesting to me. I was really hoping for a smart police show, instead all I see is gimmicky who dun' it writing.

10. super dave

super dave Upgrade Willy

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    I agree I lost interest in it, don't even think I watched the last couple of episodes.

11. philw1776

philw1776 Active Member

Jan 19, 2002
    Seacoast NH
    Problem solved. We can watch only the finale and save wasting yet another season of this utter train wreck.

Better yet get some stoic volunteers here at TiVo to watch the season and post a synopsis. That should do it!

12. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    How the hell are they going to drag a single murder mystery out over TWO seasons? I am sick and tired of the depressing Larsen family and I'm sick and tired of dreary, rainy ass Seattle. I'll probably still tune in but I can see myself tuning out pretty quickly.

13. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Active Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    The original Danish version also revealed the killer in the last episode of Season 2.

14. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    It was the second half of the first season. The first season was 20 episodes. Each episode was 1 day of the investigation and it took 20 days to solve the case.
    When originally aired, they divided the series up into two 10-episode halves with several months separating both halves.

The actual second season takes place two years later.

But yeah, it took about the same amount of episodes for them to tell the story.

15. mm2margaret

mm2margaret Meagan

Dec 7, 2010
    northern...
    Well, here's my take; I WILL watch the show and season 2. I will record it and view it when I feel like it. I did enjoy season 1 although at times I thought it was a bit thin and stretched, but it was available during the summer, and there is an absolute dearth of good TV during the summer, and it was the best of the summer shows I saw last summer.

IF it were being broadcasted during the regular TV season (Fall to Spring), I might not pay that much attention to it. But it's not. It's being broadcast during the summer.

So, yes, next summer, I'm looking forward to it, and I definitely will watch it. But that's hardly a ringing endorsement.

16. whitson77

whitson77 Active Member

Nov 10, 2002
    I loved season one, but this is a horrible fail...

17. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The only thing about this announcement that's not a fail is the fact that they announced it so people won't tune into the season premiere expecting things to be resolved.

But at the same time, that's a fail in and of itself, because now anyone who was on the fence about watching S2 will probably just decide it's not worth it. I'll be shocked if the average ratings for S2 are more than 70% of the average ratings for S1.

18. mrdazzo7

mrdazzo7 Active Member

Jan 8, 2006
    I will PROBABLY tune in... I liked most aspects of the show, at least enough to record a few then watch, marathon style. I'm having a hard time getting into any new shows so I should have room for it. The deciding factor for me will be how the first couple of eps are written. Knowing the reveal isn't coming right away is actually good because I'll be able to let the episodes stand and fall on their own.

I was annoyed by the killer thing at first but whatevs, I kind of figured it out when there was 10 minutes left and a lot of stuff was still going on. The biggest problem I had with the finale was

the Holder twist.

We'll have to see where it goes but it was so "wait we need a big twist at the last second--throw this in!!" It reminded me of a certain first season 24 twist that I hated (but was ok with later).

19. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    I'll be watching. One thing that pisses me off is what the producer Veena Sud said about the fans reaction to the S1 finale. Essentially she said it's her show, she's going to do it the way she wants, and basically doesn't care what the fans think.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Why should she? How many shows cater to the fans' whim? Not many...