1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Green Room and other shows: Comedians talk funny

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Aug 11, 2012.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Those roundtable tak shows with stand up comics talking to each other are FUNNY!

I just busted a gut watching the Tommy Chong and Richard Lewis episodes of "The Green Room with Paul Provenza." on Showtime and Showtime on Demand http://www.sho.com/sho/the-green-room-with-paul-provenza/home I don't always know who these younger guys are but I still laugh my backside off. This is how I discovered Marc Marmon of the WTF podcast, who has more of the same.

There are other shows on premium channels

"Inside Comedy" hosted by David Steinberg on Showtime

one show with Dick Cavett and Mel Brooks on HBO http://www.hbo.com/comedy/mel-brooks-and-dick-cavett-together-again/index.html
    And HBO had "Talking Funny" with Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock and Louis CK

Set a SP. Enjoy!
  2. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    There is the funniest show like, ever...

The David Susskind Show - How to be a Jewish Son with Mel Brooks and David Steinberg...

It's an hour and a half. You're welcome. Not responsible for your aching sides.
  3. sharkster

sharkster Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    Does anybody know if The Green Room with Paul Provenza is coming back for another season? I've been watching, hoping for some new eps so I can convert my SP to the new HD channel and nothing so far. I loved that show!

I also enjoyed Inside Comedy and hope for new eps of that one too.
  4. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I like this one:

Jerry Seinfeld with guest. I've seen the one with Larry David and Ricky Gervais (which was especially funny). There's one with Brian Regan now...I'm not too familiar with him, but I'll give it a shot at some point.
  5. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    I could watch shows like this all the time and never get bored. The behind-the-scenes of creative people fascinate me. On some DVDs I like the commentary as much as the movie itself.