1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Goodwin Games 5/20/2013 "Pilot"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by mwhip, May 22, 2013.

1. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Not bad for a pilot. I thought it was quite funny in parts. We will see how long it lasts and if the quality stays pretty OK.

2. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    I believe it will last for the 6 episodes they have filmed. Most of the cast are already part of new shows though, so it's not going to last.

3. Polcamilla

Polcamilla Still up here...

Nov 7, 2001
    I hope it is a coherent and complete story arc. Weird of Fox to decide to burn off the whole show at the start of summer.

4. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    It was mildly amusing. It got atrocious ratings but I am not sure if anything else could be expected given how they handled it. I doubt it will be back unless things dramatically improve.

5. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    It's dead, Jim.

6. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    From Alan Sepinwall...

"The Goodwin Games" debuts tonight at 8:30 Eastern, and the week after Upfront Week is a reminder of how silly the whole process is. FOX ordered this show a year ago, planned to rotate it in with its Tuesday comedies at midseason, then gave up on it when "Ben and Kate" failed out of the gate and the entire night imploded. Seven episodes were shot, then shelved, and that was it. Scott Foley went on to do an arc on "Scandal," Beau Bridges did a CBS pilot ("The Millers") that got picked up, etc. Everyone has moved on. It's as pure a case of Summer Burn-Off Theatre as you can find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Consider changing the thread title to Series Thread instead of Pilot. It's the only way that makes sense.

7. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Too bad.

I thought that the pilot showed a lot of potential but since it's seven and gone, it's not a huge investment to watch the whole thing.

8. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I said something similar in the daily ratings thread.. I thought it was a VERY solid "second tier" sitcom. I knew it was a burnoff due to when it premiered..

9. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    sigh...I really liked this show and enjoyed it a lot. I came here looking for any news that it might be saved...I guess not :(

It's funny, the cast is excellent all around...why in the world would they not give it a shot?

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Saved? It was DOA. One of the leads already signed with another show.

I'll never understand network TV. I thought this was a cute show, and with the right support, coulda been a contender.

*sigh*

11. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    my defense is that I don't follow these things...so I had no idea about that signing...heck, I still don't know who you're talking about or where he/she signed!

12. TonyD79

TonyD79 Active Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Yes. Perfectly understandable if it weren't mentioned more than once in this very thread.

:)

13. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I started watching this show because Becki Newton is hot. I stuck around because it's oddly charming.

14. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yeah, I even wrote a review on imdb, since most of the others were very negative. While not great, I think it's better than other new sitcoms from this TV season.

15. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    :)

as I said in my very first post in this thread...;)