1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Wife "Hitting the Fan" 10/27/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by GoPackGo, Oct 27, 2013.

1. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Wow! This season is moving along at a breakneck pace! So many good moments. Loved Peter's gambit with the Internet tax.

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    What a great great episode. Written, acted, and scored to perfection.

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    i have a Sunday night ritual.
    i watch The Walking Dead and get all pumped up and then I watch The Good Wife to calm me back down.

Ha!
    This episode had me more on the edge than WD usually does.
    The acting complexity from scene to scene and entire seasonal story lines twisting on a dime.
    Every time I think I know where they are going they shift everything entirely.
    That was crazy good.

4. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    That was one roller coaster, nonstop thrill ride: tension filled, incredibly fast paced, with zigs and zags and surprising twists.

Peter to Will: "You do NOT want us together." Hah!

And come on, Diane... Even if you weren't wrong to out Alicia, you cannot expect to remain Peter's choice to nominate for the State Supreme Court.

I knew she couldn't leave the firm. I just didn't put it all together soon enough to see how the show would keep her there at the firm. Well done.

I could only catch my breath as the closing credits rolled.

5. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    I cracked up when Will passed on Grace's message.

6. DougF

DougF Active Member

Mar 18, 2003
    North Dakota
    My watches this every week but I've only seen some of a few here and there when I happen to be sitting in the room. I happened to watch all of this with her last night and thought it was great.

I never started watching since the premise made it sound like, to me, that it was nothing more than a Lifetime movie stretched into a series. I'm starting to wonder if I've been missing a really good show.

7. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I thought that was a nice touch. :)

I was waiting for Grace to unwittingly tell Will what Alicia had asked her son to do.

8. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    Yep. When the phone rang I was worried zack was calling from Grace's phone.

9. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Oh yeah, and both my wife and I chuckled when Alicia downshifted out of confrontational and pleasantly asked when Grace called and sincerely thanked Will for the message.

It was one of those neat touches that give me a feeling of real... I mean adversaries like them can go at it, but still be almost cordial when kids are involved.

10. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    I started watching because I loved the actors, and thought I'd give it a chance. It has been my must-watch-on-Sunday show. I don't do much time shifting, except perhaps to delay until I can ff through commercials.

Not every episode is so tension filled and fast paced, but I can honestly say I think every episode is extremely well-acted, and usually very well written.

11. The Spud

The Spud Rather be cruising TCF Club

Aug 27, 2002
    Kent, WA
    You would have thought that Cary (the main one) would have been smarter about revealing any information to Kalinda. He even gave her an odd look as if to wonder why she was asking.

12. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    well that was the first place they threw me off a few episodes ago when Will offered Alicia Diane's position - I thought OHHHHH that is where we are going…

another brilliant moment.
    as was the quickie in the bedroom…
    and Alicia breaking down in the elevator…

me too!

Kalinda's deception and her relationship with both Cary and Alicia had me thinking she was going to go with them - I believed her and I could see Cary believing her also.

13. David Ortiz

David Ortiz Yankee Fan

Jul 8, 2002
    Fresno, CA
    Just the best drama on right now.

14. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    watched this at lunch on my phone. I'm gonna have to rewatch tonight. So good.

15. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I avoided it for the same reasons until the groundswell of people I trust was too big to ignore. It's a great, great show.

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I started watching it when it first came on purely because I think Julianna Margulies is hawt. :) Thought so since the first episode of ER.

Bonus is that The Good Wife is a really good show.

17. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Great episode. Especially good as a culmination of 90ish episodes of tv. Essentially, they took the four protagonists (yes, Alicia is 1A, but still) and have pitted them against each other. All four have done things on the gray side, and who you side with could very well vary from person to person.

I know in my household, my wife is disgusted with Will and Diane, while I easily put a lot of blame on Alicia. They at least know they are gray-shaded lawyers, while Alicia pretends to ride a moral high horse while still doing the dirty stuff. Striking out on her own? Not when the Governor makes it possible. Only taking good clients? Not when there is a Lemond Bishop to contact.

I love that. Will is hurt by Alicia, but at the same time it is totally true that even if she became Managing Partner, she would always feel like she was 'under' Will. Diane's best interest was to keep quiet and take her judgeship, but she let her personal feelings for Alicia (she's always bristled at her privilege) get in the way. Cary is probably the least culpable, but he also dicked around Kalinda.

Great stuff!

18. Robin

Robin Nasty Woman

Dec 6, 2001
    Southwestern...
    This is probably the most I've ever liked Peter. "ethical, shmethical"

19. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I was wondering who you think is the 4th protagonist?
    Cary or Kalinda?

I've always disliked Will but his reaction to Diane's interview was way over the top.

20. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Well, I'm putting Will/Diane on one side and Cary/Alicia on the other side. Kalinda has always been out on her own. :D