1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Good Wife - 2/17/13 **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Gerryex, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    This is still one of my favorite dramas and this episode was quite good. I liked how Alicia ended up yelling at Will but must admit that I started to laugh when they kissed (it struck me funny that they would go down that path again!). I also liked it when Eli and Elsbeth came up with a plan to foil the bad gov guys.

But I have a question. It seems they wanted to make sure we saw Kyle MacLachlan yawn at least a couple of times but then nothing happened because of it. Seemed strange unless his character shows up again and continues to yawn!

Gerry

2. GoPackGo

GoPackGo Active Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I didn't take it as a yawn but as a weird quirk he has. He's quirky and different like Elsbeth.

3. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I'm disappointed that they made Alicia a sellout. I expected her to take the partner deal, but I wish she'd held out a little bit until they extended it to all fourth-years as promised. I'd actually love to see what would happen if she and Cary left.

4. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Yeah, that would be interesting story-wise, but it's difficult to do stuff like that on network TV where the actors playing Will and Diane have season-long contracts...

5. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    +1

I was kindof excited by the prospect of that being the new storyline.

6. hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Yep, would have been good to see Cary and Alicia start their own firm and face off for real in court against Will and Diane. Wonder who Kalista would have gone with?

Eli and Elsbeth are both great characters in small doses. Hope they both continue to be small parts of the show.

7. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I was disappointed that Alicia took the partnership.

And they couldn't afford Kalinda if they left.

8. jneugeba

jneugeba Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Denver, CO
    I would love to see Elsbeth's role continue to grow bigger and bigger. I enjoy the show so much more when she is on.

9. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Me too.

She told Kyle she was going to beat him. And she did. ;)

10. type_g

type_g Member

Sep 9, 2002
    They would probably be smart and offer Kalinda a partnership or equity partnership. For how much she does for them that would be smart. it seems like she makes the case for them most of the time.

11. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I don't see Kalinda as the type of person that wants to be tethered to anything. She likes working freelance.

12. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Since she killed her husband (or did she?) she won't have to disappear on a moment's notice.

13. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't know is it common to offer a partnership to non-attorneys? Kalinda isn't an attorney, just an investigator.

14. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    Eli (I doubt he has a law degree) is a partner.

15. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    That's a good point, although I thought Eli was a lawyer. As far as Kalinda, she doesn't bring in revenue and usually that's something that is important to the partner track.

16. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i hope alicia throws some parties for the other 4th years. at least gives them gift cards or something to share that wealth

when the one partner said he wasnt giving up 5% i guess if my math is right that means there are 95 partners now and if they added 5 new ones that means 100 people

just unsure what that 5% equates to since we know there is a difference between equity partners and others

17. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I can't imagine how much money the firm has made from Kalinda's work. I don't think her monetary value would be a problem.

18. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    wouldlnt kalinda be called an intangible asset on the balance sheet?

i'm really glad they got rid of the guy from hustle on there..was sooo tired of seeing him as her hubby