1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

The Good Place - S01E10 - Chidi's Choice OAD 1/5/17

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Maui, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Jan 5, 2017 #1 of 36
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Man, I was happy to see this show back.

There were lots of laughs tonight, especially with Chidi's indecision about everything. Then there was the wedding of Jianyu and Janet but the best line of the night went to Tahani.

In describing a TV show that they were watching.

astrohip, lynncosbm, Frylock and 2 others like this.
  2. Jan 5, 2017 #2 of 36
    spartanstew

spartanstew Thanks 4 the Update

Feb 23, 2002
    Wylie, Texas
    Glad it's back and while I enjoyed this one, it seemed a bit weaker than most.

3. Jan 6, 2017 #3 of 36
    kdelande

kdelande TiVo-Wobble

Dec 17, 2001
    Louisville,...
    Yeah, not a strong episode coming off of the holiday hiatus. Hopefully it picks back up because we really like this show.

4. Jan 6, 2017 #4 of 36
    KungFuCow

KungFuCow Thread Killer

May 6, 2004
    I enjoyed it. Have they said who's playing Shawn yet? Rob Lowe would be literally the best person they could choose for that role.

5. Jan 6, 2017 #5 of 36
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Wow, I did not think it was weak. I really enjoyed it. Maybe it was just that I missed it and was glad it was back, but it got lots of laughs out of me.

lynncosbm and KungFuCow like this.
  6. Jan 6, 2017 #6 of 36
    jr461

jr461 Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Northern NJ
    I enjoyed it and also loved Tahani's line about the BBC show. Chidi's indecision scenes (and ultimately seeing how he died) were great.

7. Jan 6, 2017 #7 of 36
    Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Same here. I almost never laugh out loud at a TV show (I'm that girl from Seinfeld who always says "That's so funny" instead of laughing), but I did several times with this one.

Demandred likes this.
  8. Jan 6, 2017 #8 of 36
    lynncosbm

lynncosbm Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I really enjoyed it as well and had quite a few LOL moments. I had almost forgotten about it but am very happy to see it back.

9. Jan 6, 2017 #9 of 36
    pkscout

pkscout Active Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    I liked it, and I definitely guffawed over the BBC line.

10. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Another :up: from me. I really enjoyed it and was glad to have it back.

I loved Chidi's reaction to Jianyu marrying Janet. "What?!?"

11. cmontyburns

cmontyburns Excellent.

Nov 14, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Add me to the fan club for this episode. In fact, I think it might have been one of the most purely pleasurable episodes the show has done: it was outright funny (I thought) instead of stopping at amusing, which most episodes do.

It did take Chidi's indecision to an extreme; I mean, the guy we saw wouldn't even have been able to dress himself in the morning. So I could see that problem making the episode play wrong. For some reason it seemed kind of sweet to me instead, and of course was paid off in the really ignominious way Chidi died. :)

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Which fit perfectly with the fact that he appeared to be attending a private school where they wore uniforms so he wouldn't have to make any decisions about what to wear (at least not when he was younger).

13. Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    My favorite was "I once saw him eat electrical tape right off the roll. He thought it was Fruit by the Foot that had gone bad." Still laughing at that one:

14. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    My TiVo failed to record this episode. I grabbed a copy elsewhere and enjoyed it. To do list shows upcoming episodes ok. I don't usually run into conflicts w my 6 tuner roamio...hmmm.

15. Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    The real downer for Chidi may be the realization that he doesn't have a soulmate after all, since neither Eleanor seems to fit the bill.

16. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    NBC in Boston switched to a new channel and I didn't think about it, so I've been missing all NBC shows including this one. Yesterday I re-did my season passes for the new channel and discovered I only record 4 NBC shows: The Good Place, The Blacklist (but I'm about 6 eps behind on this and not feeling the urge to catch up), SNL, and Seth Meyers.

That's pretty sad, since I grew up with "Must See TV" etc.

17. markp99

markp99 TakoKichi TCF Club

Mar 21, 2002
    Nashua, NH
    I've heard the endless promo spots up here for the channel change. I figured TiVo/Rovi would have been all over it too. Thanks for the heads-up. I'll review my season passes.

18. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oh yeah! Rob Lowe would be so good on this show!

I haven't watched the episode yet, but just wanted to see what you all were saying and couldn't help respond to the notion of having Rob Lowe on this particular show. It's perfect for his comedic abilities.

19. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Add me to the list of people who thought this was a good episode. The BBC line was priceless, but there were many other good ones too. I enjoyed it a lot.

I was thrilled when I saw the show pop up in my recorded list (I don't keep track of when shows go on hiatus and such).

20. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista TCF Club

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Mine did this for The Blacklist but then it shows all future episodes good. Weird!

Anyhow, I caught up on this show over the holiday and I'm just loving it. The addition of Adam Scott is great and I hope he stays or is massively recurring. There are always so many lines each week that make me laugh, it's hard to pick a favorite.

"You wish you were related to a woman you want to have sex with" just caught me off guard so I laughed pretty hard.
    Eleanor thinking real Eleanor was hitting on her and her reply.

I kind of wish they didn't make Jason quite such an idiot though. But I am curious to find out how he got into the good place.

lynncosbm likes this.