1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Glass House - 8/6/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DancnDude, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Aug 9, 2012 #1 of 15
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Not sure if anybody is still watching, but I still am. In general it isn't that exciting of a show, but this was a pretty good episode.

The girl who took the money was smart. She was already in the bottom and even though I think the audience was warming up to her, it made sense.

I was glad to see Joy go down the tubes twice :D

2. Aug 9, 2012 #2 of 15
    EscapeGoat

EscapeGoat wPod

Oct 11, 2008
    I'm still watching, but just barely. I'll play an episode on Hulu+ and half watch while I'm doing other things. This last episode wasn't bad, but it's just not a very exciting game.

According to the producer, the number of voters each week to decide who stays an goes is about
    I know that I haven't bothered to vote, and it seems that not many other people are bothering to vote.

3. Aug 9, 2012 #3 of 15
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Ditto.

Now if they could get rid of Gene, I would be happy.

4. Aug 9, 2012 #4 of 15
    Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    we're still watching and enjoying it. It's not a must see as soon as it gets recorded show but we watch in within a day or two after it airs.

I want Jeffrey to go soon too, right after Gene.

5. Aug 9, 2012 #5 of 15
    Snappa77

Snappa77 RUDEBWOY

Feb 14, 2004
    BOSTON
    I don't think it is fair that they let the woman on Kevin's alliance to have a visit by her kids last week. I think that influenced the voting in her favor pretty heavy and she wasn't in the bottom like she usually is. .

6. Aug 9, 2012 #6 of 15
    DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I believe that America voted on who to have deliver the "Fanswers" so any of them could have gotten that reward. I think they just started showing Gene in a different light and the fans responded. The first few weeks he seemed cool and more recently he seems like a real jerk. That's why it's not a real fair competition to begin with because the producers have so much say on what makes it to air.

7. Aug 9, 2012 #7 of 15
    martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Snappa77's comment highlights what I think is a big problem in the show. There is all this public voting for all kinds of crap (ie, "For 24 hours, the players can only eat food starting with which letter: B or C?"), but it's spread out over the week. The first day, you vote on who stays or goes. Hell, I haven't even watched the show by then, so I miss out on that. Then I get to vote on one question. I have to come back later to vote on more. Sorry, I don't bother with the site that much when the show is only on Monday nights.

If they aired twice a week, I think I would get a little more involved. Right now the only reason I pay attention by Tuesday is that they have a live feed Tues night and you can see "early" which of the two returned from Limbo.

8. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Gene declared that he would take $7,000 and leave the game if he was guaranteed that Joy would get back in the game. I wish they would give him that option and see if he would honor his word. I suspect not.

9. Sep 3, 2012 #9 of 15
    benhilfenhus

benhilfenhus New Member

Aug 30, 2012
    USA
    We are still watching this TV show and very enjoyed it. The story was gripping and I loved the character development. The Glass House takes place in a beautiful, luxurious glass mansion complete with swimming pool. It was great show.

10. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Gripping? not at all. Luxurious Mansion? A sound stage in a warehouse.

11. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Are we sure Ben's location is USA?

12. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I don't know... Erica did a lot of gripping on Kevin. :)

13. RichardHead

RichardHead Musical Klutz

Nov 16, 2003
    Hollywood,...
    This was a terrible show!

That is all. Nothing to see here. Move along!

14. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    what does that matter?

15. Waldorf

Waldorf Super Duper Member

Oct 4, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    Possible confusion with The Glass House (2001) or possibly a random forum bot.

From another forum post:

"What is the worst video game you ever played?"

Benhilfenhus' response:

I have to play the Batman video game. This game is amazing. It was a very large atmosphere, and has tons of side missions and game play. This game is very dark and intense. I’ve enjoyed really enjoyed this game with my friends.