1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Glades has been canceled.

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Azlen, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/glades-cancelled-amc/

It ended with a cliffhanger as well.

I was still watching but it was entirely to formulaic. Random people find murder victim. There are three suspects to the murder. Lead character moves from one suspect to another accusing them of the murder as new evidence is revealed. The final piece of evidence is revealed wherein the actual murderer confesses to the crime. Throw in a few minutes about his personal life and you have yourselves an episode. I won't miss it too much.

2. Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    A really mean-spirited way to end a series.

I'm just going to assume that everybody dies when a sinkhole opens up and swallows all of Palm Glade. BURN IN HELL, A&E!

Yes, it was formulaic, but it was an easy-going formula that I enjoyed.

3. phox_mulder

phox_mulder I get paid 2watch TV

Feb 23, 2006
    Salt Lake...
    Was enjoyable, but was getting too formulaic.

Too many shots of him getting phone calls in the middle of conversations, holding up the handcuffs to a potential suspect, walking out of the room after having an epiphany.

Not to mention the cliffhanger was way too obvious halfway through the finale.

phox

4. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    You know, I lost touch with the series a couple of seasons ago due to so many other things I was watching and tried several times to go back and catch up. I've got probably all of this season sitting on a DVR waiting for me to watch last season.

Given the comments above, I think I may just delete what I have and move on.

Last I watched, his love interest at the time (or were they fresh 'broken up' at that point) was just beginning to apply her medical knowledge with the PD. I mostly watched for her anyway.

5. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I have only 1-2 backlogged, so I guess I'll finish it out. But I had already decided if it was coming back ( I didn't think it would) that I wouldn't watch it next year.

6. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    I gave up on this earlier in this season...then watched the third to last and recorded the last two just out of curiosity. Not sure if I'll watch 'em now....

7. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    As in all of these cop dramas, if you met a minor character in the first act and he/she seemed to not belong to the story flow, that's the real perp.

8. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I got bored with Jim-and-Callie and stopped watching shortly after she moved to Atlanta. Within about 15 minutes I forgot the show had ever existed, and since then have been surprised every time I've seen an ad for it. "Hmmm, that looks interesting...oh, wait, I watched it for TWO FRIKKIN' YEARS!" :D

9. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I have 14 eps built up now. I think I'm going to axe them.

10. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Damn. That show was a good time-killer. But as already said, very formulaic.