1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Divide - Original Series on WE

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Beryl, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
  2. MNoelH

MNoelH McGruber

Mar 17, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I'm only 4 episodes in, but I'm really enjoying this show. I don't really know how to describe it, but I like the way they show two different scenes at once, but the flow is smooth. I find that I do have to pay closer attention (no surfing) due to the way they construct the show, but it really keeps me tuned in.

I also like that the characters are flawed (the DA and his wife), but don't appear to be corrupt. The DA's dad seems to be a whole other story. I don't much care for the wanna be lawyer girl, and find myself rolling my eyes when she's the focus, but other than her, everyone kind of intrigues me.

I may have read it in the link above, but I think they wisely changed the races of the families from the original source.

3. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I was surprised there was no thread on this show and have been enjoying it. Some of the DAs family stuff has been a little self righteous and over the top. I am finding I am enjoying the female lead's storyline more than theirs.

But good drama. Well written.

4. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Lol @ last 2 posts. Guess there's is something to intrigue and annoy everyone -- the sweet spot. I find all of the characters and story lines interesting.

They showed so much of it on Roku prior to the debut, I've let the recordings pile up on my TiVo for a binge.