TiVo Community Forum banner
  • TiVoCommunity.com Ambassador Program Now Open! >>> Click Here

The Curse of Oak Island - History Channel Series - Whole season spoilers

65K views 228 replies 35 participants last post by  worachj 
#1 ·
Ever since I first saw an "In Search Of..." episode about this enigmatic island and its buried treasure, I've been interested.

Now The History Channel is presenting a series about two brothers who bought most of the island to continue the search.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

The series begins Jan 5, 2014. Anyone else looking forward to this?

#81 ·
"Before I show you this PowerPoint slide, you need to put on labcoats and eye protection"
Well to be fair, that point could poke your eye out. :cool:

It was cool to see John Chatterton. Loved the 'Shadow Divers' book and his old Deep Sea Detectives show.

So after another season, they are no closer to solving the mystery of Oak Island than they were in the first episode. Eventually they have to give up, right? I mean once the TV money runs out.

#173 ·
Reactions: Donbadabon
#174 · (Edited)
Another episode manly on Smith's Cove. They think they've found undocumented vertical timbers and the beginning of one of the five feeder fingers of the flooding tunnel to the money pit. A lot of digging. I guess they're finding and trying to collaborate old documented information. I hope something new is found.

To me it just looked like the vertical timbers were from searchers trying to block the flood tunnels. I wonder how much further they'll continue digging. Rick sure looked lethargic the last couple of episodes, hope his Lyme disease isn't affecting him too much.

Reactions: Donbadabon
#179 ·
"Could it be that Noah MISSED his pickup of unicorns on Oak Island?" "Well, we've found a 1" square piece of wood about 165' down, that MAY actually have been part of Noah's Ark!" Tune in next week for an update!

Next week: "After extensive research, it was determined that the 1" piece of wood just couldn't have been from Noah's Ark, because EVERYBODY knows he only used 2" pieces of wood!".

LOL. It's about that ridiculous, and that's every episode.

#193 ·
I am not a geologist, so maybe I don't understand how islands work. Wouldn't all water eventually percolate out to the ocean, naturally? Unless the bedrock was solid diamond, I imagine there being enough cracks and porous material for every deep hole to eventually hit a table of ocean water. The hydraulics of the situation are not well-explained, but I can't see how a dye test can ever prove whether a flow is man-made and not structural.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.