1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Chew - daytime food show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Jun 14, 2012.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Does anyone else watch this?

I record it and watch it during dinner. I enjoy the hosts and sometimes the food, but I don't think I could ever make much of it. They have great guests and some fun themed shows.

2. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I watch quite a bit. I'm a Michael Symon fan, not so much Mario (he always kind of creeped me out), Carla grew on me a long time ago, Daphne Oz - meh. That other guy has grown on me, but I can take or leave him.

I remember when Carla was on Top Chef the first time. I thought - omg, seriously? She was just too much for me. But once I started to get to know her more, I liked her. That poor girl would cook her heart out, then choke big time when the chips were down and she was getting close to winning.

Anyway, decent show. I like that they cut back on the daily dishes. At first it was like they were making 6 or 7 dishes per show and it was just too rushed. I FF through all the fashion and craft stuff. They are a fun bunch, though, with the exception of Mario (for me, simply because he creeps me out).

3. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I like it an catch it from time to time. I like Mario been a fan since his cooking show on Food Network. Carla annoys me she reminds of a bird woman. Daphne Oz is way better than since the beginning of the show. I did feel sorry for her the way Symon and Mario would gang up on her for giving suggestions on making a meal healthier. I don't think they understand that this girl has struggled with weight her whole life. Clinton Kelly is funny and has good perspective and works great as the host.

4. swinca

swinca Menace to society

Jun 19, 2003
    Jaw-ja y'all
    Nope. I have tried a couple of times, but I keep coming back to... they took off All My Children for THIS? lol.

5. TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    I watched it during the first week and it was terrible. Has it improved? I hope so, because otherwise I can't explain how it remains on the air.

6. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I record this every day, but don't necessarily watch it all the time. It is filler if I don't feel like investing the time/effort to watch something better. I love Simon, he is totally hilarious, self-deprecating, humble, funny, a guy I'd love to invite to a cookout or have a beer with. Mario would probably intimidate me. Carla makes me laugh my ass off and I bet we could have fun. Daphne is just too beautiful. I'd hide in a corner and be afraid to speak with her. I love the interaction of the hosts on the show, both with each other and with their guests. Michael and Clinton ragging on each other is what guy friends do and is down to earth and funny. I watch this show because I like cooking, and am a big fan of Iron Chef America (Michael and Mario) and Top Chef (Carla). I'd never seen Daphne or Clinton before.

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I'd never seen Daphne or Clinton before, either. Clinton has somewhat grown on me at this point. I also enjoy his interaction with Symon, and with Carla, but I don't like him (Clinton) when he's in 'crazed fan' mode with a guest. The show with Olivia Newton John was just too much with Clinton going on and on in weird, scary, fan mode.

But the thing that made it take me a while for Daphne grow on me was that she looks exactly like her father. That kind of skeeved me out a bit. I've since been able to separate that out, however.

8. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I refuse to ever watch a second of it. Cancelling All My Children was not cool.