1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Celebrity Apprentice S15E01 "In Here, You Call Me Governor" 2 Jan 2017

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Jan 2, 2017 #1 of 10
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    For the most part, this was very, very similar to the Celebrity Apprentice with Trump as the host. I thought it was kind of interesting how Arnold...I mean "The Governor"...talked in German to his nephew...

And I loved that moment in the second boardroom when he was talking to the women and then said "Let me just ask the men a question". The women kept talking amongst themselves and the Governor gave them such a stare to shut them up---I literally laughed out loud...

Oh, and I like the phrase "You'r terminated" along with other classic lines...

2. Jan 3, 2017 #2 of 10
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I like Arnold and thought he was OK. He's was a little rough, but the second episode he seemed to settle in.

3. Jan 3, 2017 #3 of 10
    DeDondeEs

DeDondeEs Well-Known Member TCF Club

Feb 20, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I gave it a watch for about 15 minutes. I only recognized about 1/4 of the "celebrities", and was reminded how drawn out and over-produced that show is (along with all other Mark Burnett shows), so I stopped watching.

4. Jan 3, 2017 #4 of 10
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I agree about the mostly unknown cast and over-production and staged shots and re-enactments. I suffered all the way through the premiere (2 eps?) and my verdict (a la Arnold): "I von't be baack!"

5. Jan 3, 2017 #5 of 10
    MikeekiM

MikeekiM Palindromer

Jun 25, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    For some reason, I had a hard time even finding the title of this show on my TiVo search... I tried different versions of "celebrity" and/or "apprentice" and came up with nothing...

Eventually "apprentice" did work (but I swear it didn't work in my previous attempts)... Weird...

It's also weird that the title of the show is "The New Celebrity Apprentice", and yet the guide data lists it simply as "The Apprentice".

6. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    I'm still entertained.... Though I do wish at SOME point they would go back and do 'regular' Apprentice, without celebrities. That was far more interesting, even if it was still all "phony" tasks.

7. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I don't mind the episodes where the celebs are doing tasks...I just hate the episodes where celebs call up their friends and ask for money---it turns into a competition about whose rolodex is richer instead of anything about the task itself...

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Watched this week. Laila Ali is not coming off very well. She's a control freak and extremely bossy and demanding. Not liking her at all. On DWTS she showed some signs as well. But here she is fully exposed. And Lovitz is coming off like a mental patient.

9. gweempose

gweempose Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Northbrook, IL
    It is weird, but hardly surprising given how crappy the guide data is ever since they switched over to Rovi.

10. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    I felt this season's celebrities were particularly subpar compared to previous seasons. We get the obligatory "real housewife" or two whom I usually don't have a clue about, singers I couldn't recognize without being told whom they are, MMA and football people I don't care about, and Jon Lovitz.

While I'm a Schwarzenegger fan, I don't like him in this show. "You're terminated" and "Get to da Choppa!" were cute the first time or two, but they've already become old and tiresome. Like most actors, I feel Schwarzenegger performs best when he has a good script and a good director, rather than trying to improvise or deal with whatever crappy writers The Apprentice has for him. His nephew seems completely out of place to me.

This series is going to die with this season.

Laila Ali is one of my favorite contestants this season. She's standing out from the crowd, which is important in a show like this, especially with such a mediocre field of contestants.