1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Celebrity Apprentice "And Then There Were Two" OAD 5/13/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by tiams, May 14, 2012.

1. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I really thought Aubrey was going to be one of the final 2. Having lost so many tasks, she didn't deserve to be, but I thought Trump would pick her for the drama. No need though since she was going to be on the task if not leading it.

No Dayana, no Lou.

Lisa giving $ to Clay's charity- what is Arsenio going to say about that!

Clay is absolutely right for not OKing a mural without seeing something on paper.

2. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Everytime I saw Lisa and Clay together on the show I couldn't help but think of this clip from lisa's standup act.

3. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Agreed. And Debbie looks horrible in that whole exchange. Clay was very clear upfront that he wanted to see a sketch first. If Debbie botched the relay of that info on to her cousin, that's on Debbie.

4. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Arsenio doesn't belong in final 2. Lisa in one of her press interviews about her ouster last week indicated she knew she wasn't going past final 4 from the beginning because she is controversial. That goes for Aubrey as well. Perhaps Trump is afraid the 'Celebrity Apprentice' brand would be hurt if someone won who subsequently was embroiled in some press dust-up down the road.

Adam's Carolla's roadies didn't come thru with the Magic vid? Who woulda thunk it. ;)

5. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    I'm thinking that's got to be a set up. They got Magic to read off camera as a joke and there's a good take afterwards.

6. DanB

DanB New Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    yeah, I'm kind of leaning that direction as well.

Not sure why Arsenio filmed each celeb individually -- I'd think a group would be better (due to time and really, who cares about these folks individually in this PSA) and then a hand off to MJ. Seems like all the shots should have been in front of green screen -- wasnt a fan of the backdrop of the MJ shot.

I'll be interested to see how much $$ Paul Sr. brings in -- was he only a one time wonder and only when it benefited him?

Liked how Trump said Aubrey was transparent and then Aubrey said later that anyone that said she's transparent can go screw themselves (or something similar). There goes that love couple.

7. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Clay might have lost himself the task just by the team he picked. I know he was trying to show Trump he could work with Penn, but combine that with the Debbie Gibson/Aubrey dynamic ... he's sinking his own ship. Look how much better Arsenio's team is working together right off the bat.

8. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Clay's getting the loser edit for sure, but that doesn't necessarily reflect what is really going on ;)

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Magic turned to one side and reading the lines was hysterical!!! I don't think it's a joke at all, I thing it was genuinely, and astoundingly idiotic! And Hilarious! Adam's podcast dudes royally screwed up!

And Adam was right when he said at first he was so grateful that Magic would deign to take the time to do this for Arsenio; until he thought for a second and realized Magic should be sending Arsenio a suitcase full of weed!

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I want my 2, ok, my 90 minutes back!

11. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    She clearly thought so as well.

And I laughed when she was cursing the two guys for picking her last...

12. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    My thoughts as well as this played out. Total 'gotcha!' on Arsenio by Magic. And that the show ended at that point just solidified that for me. Early in the show next week has Magic revealing the prank and the good footage.

And I loved that Aubrey was picked last - especially Arsenio's lead-ins to his picks alluding to things that fit Aubrey, Aubrey getting that excited "It's me" look and then zing, someone else!

Poor Dee!

13. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Archeologist

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Even if there is no other Magic footage, it's easily fixable.

14. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    how do you fix the crappy audio though?

15. IndyJones1023

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I didn't know audio was an issue.

16. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was thinking this too.

They gotta hook you in to watch next week. :)

17. Frylock

Frylock Live Long and Tivo!

Feb 13, 2002
    Round Rock, TX
    How do you figure? He won every task he was on. And he's a better manager than most. He doesn't micro-manage, and makes the most out of his team.

18. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    it was pretty bad, I think the mic was with the camera.

19. IndyJones1023

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Yeah, probably. Odd for "audio engineers" to mess that up, though. Regardless, you can hear Magic, although it may not be perfect. The larger issue is him turning to the side. Which is either a joke, or they haven't downloaded a second file (camera angle). Even if that's the only file they have to work with, they simply go to full screen graphics before he turns and everything is fine.

20. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    the whole thing was odd, a true WTF moment.