1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blacklist Sept 30, 2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Idearat, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Oct 1, 2013 #1 of 56
    Idearat

Idearat New Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Great choice of the Nina Simone song "Sinnerman" for the restaurant escape scene. That was used in The Thomas Crown Affair(1999) for one of the "caper" scenes with lots going on, so for me it immediately invoked the feeling that something tricky was going on.

Having Isabella Rossellini as the bad guy was a great choice. I wonder though of Red's immunity agreement was for future crimes as well as past ones. He admitted to hiring an assassin to poison someone. While she turned out to be bad, there doesn't seem to be any repercussions for him.

2. Oct 1, 2013 #2 of 56
    getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    For a character with no phone, mail nor address, Red is certainly connected and seemingly "in touch" with people (like the Serb who disarmed the chemical bomb and took it as payment).

I am enjoying this show.

3. Oct 1, 2013 #3 of 56
    Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    They have some really GOOD actors playing small parts on this show.

The music -- oh yes -- nice selections. What was the song playing at the end when she took the box out of the floor before replacing the carpet?

I'm enjoying the show and it is like Scandal for me in that I can't multitask while watching it but for different reasons. Scandal has dialog which can't be missed and The Blacklist has action.

4. Oct 2, 2013 #4 of 56
    john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Took the box out? :confused:

Near the end she put the box back under the floor and then had new carpet installed. Presumably taking the third option that Red hinted at -- do nothing and wait to see if her husband retrieves the box.

Although depending on how she is monitoring it (little piece of something stuck between the trap door and floorboards? hidden camera?), I guess just removing the box and hiding it might work also. She would at least know if he tried to get the box, and whether he comes to ask her about it would be informative. But I think putting the box back and waiting to see what he does with it would be the most potentially informative thing to do.

5. Oct 2, 2013 #5 of 56
    rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    Show lost me tonight, wanted to like it so much but the stupidity of Montreal made me delete it.

Good luck to the rest of you.

6. Oct 2, 2013 #6 of 56
    Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Another great epsiode. We're hooked.

Looks like there is only one more episode coming up over the next few weeks. Is it due to some sports crap or something?

7. Oct 2, 2013 #7 of 56
    zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    I laughed when Lizzie runs up to a car IN MONTREAL and flashes a badge and says FBI and takes the car.

8. Oct 2, 2013 #8 of 56
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    This episode did not entertain me as much as the first one.

9. Oct 2, 2013 #9 of 56
    TAsunder

TAsunder Debates Ghee vs Gi

Aug 6, 2003
    Madison, WI
    The show is teetering on the edge of ridiculous but hasn't quite fallen over yet. They have set up the cliched seemingly omniscient bad guy in a way that we can still believe it roughly plausible. He has been gone for a long time and could have planned a vast majority of his efforts in advance.

I do wonder why they are willing to let him wander and obtain syringes and the like. I would think they would want a tighter leash.

10. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    He isn't in custody now that his deal is in effect. Plus I don't think it would be hard for his security team to get him whatever he wanted.

11. pgogborn

pgogborn Active Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Why is he so keen to have a particular chip embedded - will it give him 'special' powers, will it become a device for lazy script writing?

12. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    That was one big glaring gaffe.

13. rifleman69

rifleman69 Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Oregon
    But they still should have a tighter leash than what they currently have. From being "trapped" on the boat/ship to running around like a five year old hopped up on sugar, it's borderline ridiculous. Great concept for the show but the presentation is severely lacking or believable.

14. fliptheflop

fliptheflop New Member

Sep 20, 2005

Alice Russell Citizens

15. pgogborn

pgogborn Active Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Perhaps she thought he was delusional and thought the safest thing to do was to give him the car.

16. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Is it just me, or is it obvious to everyone else that they are telegraphing the notion that Red will turn out to be Lizzie's dad?

17. pgogborn

pgogborn Active Member

Nov 11, 2002
    If he is a blood relative I will be disappointed that DNA tests have not already revealed it.

I am enjoying the show because it has one of my favorite themes - people are not who they appear to be.

18. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    It seems so obvious that I wonder if it will not turn out to be the case. Also, maybe he could be her uncle. But I certainly hope neither of those turns out to be the case, because it should have been easily verified first thing by a DNA test (as soon as he started hinting about family connections, which he did in the pilot).

Maybe he will turn out to be a friend of the family. That would be better than something that could have been tested genetically.

19. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    I agree, it's so blatant that I'm hoping it's not true. I'm hopeful that the writers are attempting a head fake and are overplaying their hand rather than giving us the equivalent of a laugh track so we know what's funny.

20. Beryl

Beryl Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks. She can "holla".