1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Blacklist- "Mako Tanida" 3/17/2014 SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Alfer, Mar 18, 2014.

1. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Well, that sure was an action packed episode!

The one thing I can't remember is how did Red come to know the black guy in the cowboy hat?

My only beef was there were a few "seriously?" moments that always nag at me, like when main characters hubby tells the spy girl to call his wife. Based on what Cowboy dude said, no way in HECK I'd turn my back on the dude like she did. That and the Cowboy dudes attempt to capture that girl for Red, I mean really, he didn't think he'd get noticed?

Other than that, I'm liking the new twists and turns they are offering up so far.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I was amused that two shows in the same time slot (this one and Castle) used the
    "Japanese crime lord turns out to be white guy"
    plot twist.

3. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Great episode. I sure like Spader in this role, but do yourself a favor, don't watch him on Fallon last night. Terrible interview, ruins his character for me when he's such a lame interview.

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yeah, we watch these shows back to back and thought the same thing. Although Castles version was lot weaker IMO.

5. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    NJ
    Well, there is no more question on whether Tim, er... Tom, is a good guy or a bad guy.

I guess the only thing that isn't clear is what exactly his mission is.

T

6. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Killing Red seemed on his wish list based on the comment about putting a bullet in him at the hospital. But it must be a lower priority than the mission he seems to be on.

7. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Which, of course, suggests that whatever it is that connects Lizzie and Red, the people who planted TimTom with her know about it. Or else there'd be no logical* reason for him to know who Red is

*I know, I know... :D

8. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Not necessarily. The primary mission could be about Lizzie and not be directly connected to Red. But Red has a lot of people who know him and a lot of people who do not like him, so it could be that he just hates Red for some "normal" reason, unrelated to the Lizzie mission.

Not that I would bet on it. Nonetheless, it makes sense. ;)

9. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I was disappointed in this episode.

Red should have had Cowboy investigate the building they were coming out of before he decided to have Cowboy take the lady.

Thought it was unbelievable that the bad guy could accurately shoot Ressler's wife/girlfriend while struggling. Should have had her shot while driving, would have been more believable.

Ressler mentioned he was just months out of the hospital yet he doesn't limp, can run and fight like the injury never happened.

Might have been a few other things...

10. super dave

super dave Upgrade Willy

Oct 1, 2002
    Maple Shade, NJ
    It was fun watching the actor playing Tanida, he plays Job on Banshee, much more flamboyant yet equally adept at fighting.

11. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Can someone explain the last scene where Red is watching the ballerinas (which he sponsors) and the flashback to 1987 watching the single 10 yr. old ballerina? Is that a memory of his daughter?

12. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    I was a little confused by who Tom shot after killing the girl. I thought it was cowboy hat guy, but obviously not because he reported back to Red,.

13. Ereth

Ereth Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I believe you are confusing two different people. The guy who reported back to Red was not the guy tied up in the secret room who got shot.

14. Jayjoans

Jayjoans New Member

Jan 22, 2003
    CA
    Right. Cowboy hat guy was a hired outsider. Reporter guy is Red's personal driver and security.

15. Tivo_60

Tivo_60 NY State of Mind

Jun 13, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    So, cowboy hat guy is the one who was shot? (btw, I'm not liking Tom very much anymore :))

16. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes

17. john4200

john4200 Active Member

Oct 31, 2009
    I figured out why the Berlin people are watching Lizzie. She is a clone! There will be a suburban Lizzie, a professional Lizzie, a scientist Lizzie, and a crazy Lizzie, all showing up soon. :D

18. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    Nope, not a clone. This is yet another Alternate Fringe universe as evidenced by Broyles playing a cowboy hatted bad guy that gets killed.

19. ADG

ADG Allan

Aug 19, 2003
    New Jersey, USA
    Yes. Earlier in the show the star ballerina mentioned to one of the other dancers that there was a story going around that the donor's (Red's) daughter once danced either in Swan Lake or with that troupe - I forget which.

20. wprager

wprager Active Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Ottawa, Canada
    Elise Leblanc -- my first thought was "Elise" = "Lizzie", but that was the name of the woman who ran the ballet company.