1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big C: Season 3 thread (2012)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Apr 8, 2012 #1 of 23
    astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I love this show. I always forget how much I love The Big C, and then it returns and I'm back in the fold.:up:

(paraphrasing) "It's gonna feel like a ****ing horse kick to your chest." Best line of the night!

The kid is growing up. It's got to be harder & harder to make him look like he's 15 or 16.

Ababou!

2. full_heart

full_heart New Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    This is one of my favorite shows on tv right now. I don't understand how a 30 minute show can take me through such a whole range of emotions and make me laugh for the entire season and then on the last episode make me cry like crazy!

3. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    What's the rule on discussing an episode that is available on Showtime On Demand but hasn't aired on linear Showtime yet?

Because my XFinity App has the first 3 episodes up already.

Of course I've only watched the first one so it doesn't matter yet, but I figured I'd ask.

I don't like that Paul is alive after the end of last season. It seemed cheap. Also, the timing of Andrea going to Africa doesn't seem to match up with her not knowing Paul almost died. Had she left yet by the end of last season? And yeah, Adam has had a growth spurt between Christmas and Groundhog Day.

4. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    The general guideline for Season Threads is any episode that has aired in the US can be discussed. That excludes torrents, VOD, sneak peeks, etc.

Thanks for asking!

5. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I love, love, love this show!

Laura Linney is just so fantastic - she makes me laugh one minute, cry the next, and laugh again. I BELIEVE her. All the acting in this show is simply outstanding, as is the writing.

Best line "Honey - we're unkillable!!!"

Loved it!!!

6. jilter

jilter Happy to be here.

Oct 4, 2002
    I am so happy to have seen this.
    I stopped watching at the end of last season when I read here Paul died. I am so into this show, I did not want to go through the sadness. Now i see he is still around, so my week-end is planned!
    Thank Goodness Comcast On Demand has the eps from last season for me to revisit and catch up on.

I also love-love-love this show,.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Active Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    Usually I stockpile episodes and watch them in a marathon - but I couldn't wait :)

One of the best shows on TV right - great writing acting. Great great cast. :up:

8. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    *bump

No comments for several weeks-I know the show is really different this year but I am still enjoying it.

Are we doing spoilers to date? Well, just in case...

I got a baaaaaaaaaaaad vibe from Hamish and Mamie (don't remember their character's names) when they seemed to feel bad about taking extra $$ from Cathy....those bastadus! (as my cousin would say) :mad: F*cking with a cancer survivor? Man, that is ice cold!

Enjoying Jon Benjamin Hickey as always-

but his current "si-three-ation" (coined that term myself ;) ) can't end well! "I like your beard.." "I like yours too" LOL :p

Anyone still watching?? :D

9. PacMan3000

PacMan3000 Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Definitely still watching. Love the show. Although I figured something negative could happen with Cathy and the adoption storyline, I didn't expect what ended up being the big reveal last week.

10. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    I knew something was off - I figured they were scamming them!

11. photoshopgrl

photoshopgrl Nerd Fashionista

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    So this is a season thread, can't we discuss events that have happened to date without spoilering them?

I do love me some Oliver Platt but I don't buy that he's getting this much action. ;)

12. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I was just checking on that, didn't want to get flamed ;)

I say spoilers to date~! Who's with me!???:D

13. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Me! Me! :up: :p

14. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Well, ok, then-spoilers to date :D

I was proud of Cathy for telling the Allison Janney to stick it...Paul is a wimp!

Cathy is going to blame Paul for the "loss" of the baby-it's gonna get uuuuuuglyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! :eek:

Anyway-when Jon Benjamin Hickey (I am so bad with the characters' names) was Febreez-ing himself-I about died laughing! :D He wants to smell good for his couple! Awwwww :eek:

15. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    I don't see how she can possibly put that on Paul.
    The brother is Sean.

16. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    I didn't say it was his fault, I am saying she will blame it on him...he said, at the restaurant, that the timing wasn't the best, etc..and they found the couple through Paul's blog...so rational, or not, she is going to blame him....:eek:

And thanks, I know I can go to any website and look up the character names, I will do that in the future...I have an amazing memory, but not for names...I guess God doesn't give with both hands....:eek:

17. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Cathy is beginning to get on my nerves. She has been very selfish this season and hasn't given a though to how anyone else in her life feels about her actions. I am still waiting for something to happen between her and the bartender.

18. full_heart

full_heart New Member

May 12, 2005
    Oklahoma
    Ohhhh me too! I love him from back when he was on Oz. I hope they do though. I think part of it for me is that Cathy has worked so hard, endured so much and her family doesn't seem to appreciate how far she has come. That her cancer isn't getting worse, they came to terms with she was dying, in their own ways. Paul turned to drugs, Adam well he turned into more of a brat, now that she isn't dying where are they supposed to hold these displaced emotions? They want to have hope that she is ok but they also know she is still Stage 4 and it's more likely she will pass than not.

Of course I could be completely off in how I perceive things but I really do think that Cathy is seeing her family for the first time, how selfish they are and how she has been taking care of them, even with cancer she is the rock and she's gone off the deep end a little in terms of she wants to show cancer it can't win and her family they can't keep treating her like a doormat.

19. photoshopgrl

Nov 22, 2008
    Boring Ohio
    Had to quote this separately just to say "fak'd again!"
    God how I loved and hated that show at the same time. It was like a car accident.

I don't see this the same at all. Cathy is one of the most selfish people I've ever seen on TV. I realize she has cancer and is dying but from day one of her finding out, she stopped taking anyone else into consideration. It's all about what Cathy wants.

For instance, did she give two shits that Adam was actually trying to do good with that car giveaway? Yeah, he did it without her permission. But because he was giving it to someone SHE felt wasn't good enough, she has to go in there, show her ass and embarrass him beyond belief just so SHE can give it to those SHE thought was worthy. Turns out the joke was on her, huh?

There are so many other examples since the show started I could list but I'd be here all day.

20. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Great season. I love all the new story lines. Especially Sean's. About the last place I expected him to end up was a sandwich.:)

This. Her selfishness is becoming the only focus of her life. SHE wants a baby, SHE wants a window, SHE wants Adam to love her... yada. But I have confidence the writers are leading us down this path for their own reasons.

I hope nothing happens between her and the barkeep. They've already faced infidelity this season, and survived. I'm not sure anyone walks away from Round Two.

Having said that... I love the bar scenes, with alt-Cathy.