1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big C final season info

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by aadam101, Jul 30, 2012.

1. aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    http://www.imdb.com/news/ni33086156/

The Big C will have on final season. It will be four one hour episodes.

I enjoy the show but I don't know if I will really miss it. They can't drag this out forever. My guess is that Cathy will die.

2. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    Works for me. I like the show, so I'm glad it's being given a chance to end it they way they want (albeit perhaps before they want).

3. Tracy

Tracy Truly TCF Club

Mar 12, 2000
    Galena, IL
    I didn't realize the show was in trouble. I do think that this last season was disappointing, though.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I just saw this on a news piece yesterday. In a way I'm bummed and in a way I guess it makes sense. How far can you drag out a show about a main character who is dying? If they made her cured (which didn't seem feasible from the initial premise) then it would not even be the same show. After she dies, it's not the same show. It's a lose-lose on longevity.

5. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    I thought I read that when the series first started that the idea was four seasons, one for each real season in the last year of her life.

6. ronsch

ronsch Active Member

Sep 7, 2001
    Tallahassee,...
    I finally quit watching in the middle of this past season. Some of the story lines just got way too silly.

7. NJ_HB

NJ_HB TiVo/MCE/PSP

Mar 21, 2007
    Piscataway,...
    I did the same - I think it was when the brother inherited the Phone Sex line that did it for me.

8. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I've only watched the first episode of this most recent season, and I was kind of disappointed, as I really liked the previous seasons. I have all the other eps on DVR, but I haven't been able to make myself watch them as yet. I eventually will, probably in a marathon. I hope they get better.