1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory [S10E12 - 01/05/17] - “The Holiday Summation”

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Jan 6, 2017 #1 of 49
    ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Sheldon: I knew we should've never mentioned us living together in the first place.
    Amy: She was gonna find out eventually.
    Sheldon: Disagree. We've known about evolution since 1859. She still believes in Noah and his amazing zoo boat.

:D

markz, sharkster and Rickvz like this.
  2. Jan 6, 2017 #2 of 49
    stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I loved this episode. It seemed longer than usual as it went from one place to another, and all of them were funny.

Are we not supposed to notice that the baby has a really loud, low pitched cry? Have they not noticed? I expected someone to comment. :confused:

3. Jan 6, 2017 #3 of 49
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    I had the complete opposite reaction. I didn't find anything funny in this episode. It just drug on.

4. Jan 6, 2017 #4 of 49
    DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    The baby's cry is supposed to be reminiscent of Howard's mother's voice. And I think someone in the last thread said the plan is to never show the baby on screen, just as they also never showed Mrs. Wolowitz.

kettledrum likes this.
  5. Jan 6, 2017 #5 of 49
    stellie93

stellie93 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2006
    Right, but shouldn't they be wondering why the baby sounds like dead Grandma? I like the idea of not showing the baby--too much baby gets boring in a show like this.

6. Jan 6, 2017 #6 of 49
    jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    I hate what they've done with Sheldon

it's one thing to make the character grow,
    but its another to make him so uncharacteristically Sheldon

there is no way Sheldon would ever go get his ear pierced

that was so freaking stupid

7. Jan 7, 2017 #7 of 49
    Shakhari

Shakhari Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2005
    "Serious" Sheldon is boring. The big problem with the show this season is that with everyone except Raj paired up and in their own places, there's always three separate storylines going on every episode and they don't always interact.

8. Jan 7, 2017 #8 of 49
    TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    It was acknowledged last episode in the hospital. When Raj said he'd know her by sight. Then she cried and they knew which one. I think that is all you are going to get. They never acknowledge that Bernadette sounds like her at times.

9. Jan 7, 2017 #9 of 49
    mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    Too much baby is already happening in this show, and it's increasing at a show killing rate, at least for me.

sharkster likes this.
  10. jamesl

jamesl Member

Jul 12, 2012
    no
    he's not

that's like saying serious Spock is boring or serious Data is boring

Serious Sheldon is what made the show a hit to begin with

Sheldon not caring what other people thought about him because he was just interested in science made him an interesting and unique character in the group

also him not understanding "social norms" and his total lack of self awareness and what is appropriate made for some of the best scenes in the whole series -- his entire conversations with HR for example

non-serious Sheldon is boring
    there is nothing unique or interesting about him

oooh, he had intercourse, oooh
    turn up the volume on the audience sounds
    intercourse, OOOH, OOOH

he's just a less interesting version of Leonard from the first couple of seasons

"The big problem with the show this season is that with everyone except Raj paired up"

The big problem with the show for this season and the past couple is that its turning into a less funny Friends

leeherman likes this.
  11. mrdbdigital

mrdbdigital The TBS Archives TCF Club

Feb 2, 2004
    Moultrie, GA
    This. Friends with a baby. :thumbsdown:

12. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    They definitely (strongly) hinted at it multiple times.

markz likes this.
  13. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Few good one-liners in this episode. The one mentioned in the OP was a favorite of mine.

Also, when Sheldon said something about acting odd intentionally and Bernadette said 'You can control that?'.

Those were my two fav lines. The crying of the baby, which is ALWAYS something that will set me on edge (not a kid person here), is so freakishly creepy. At first I was thinking, ok, the Debbie thing. After a few times I really wanted it to stop forever.

14. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    My favorite line was the Sherpas. Wife and I both LOLed which is rare.

15. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Exactly. It's never explicit. Just like with the baby.

16. TiVo'Brien

TiVo'Brien Multi-year Veteran

Feb 8, 2002
    Orlando,...
    I love the characters on this show because it's nice to see so much of myself reflected on screen, but the show itself is running out of gas.

Sadly, this should be the show's last season. :(

17. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    Happily, I still enjoy the show and hope it continues. :)

dfergie likes this.
  18. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Ditto, I think that I'm enjoying this season overall more than last season so far.

Scott

19. dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    Anyone recognize Sheldon's red shirt with what looks like a city skyline on it? I feel like I've seen it before but can't place the design.

20. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The idea is that Sheldon, due to his social interactions has "grown" as a person. If he was the same Sheldon as the first season, it WOULD be boring. We've seen it all before over all these years. What makes him interesting is that he's grown.

With that said, the show, while still makes me laugh sometimes, is getting stale. There's not a whole lot left they could tell us about these characters. I give them SOME credit in making these people more complex than your average sitcom character, and outside of perhaps Raj, they have not become the one annoying trait that seems to fuel most sitcoms. I do think, since our main cast has become domesticated, that it's time for Raj to find someone serious and explore him. Really, there's not much else left.