1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory [S10 E16 - 02/16/2017] - "The Allowance Evaporation"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by thebigmo, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

1. thebigmo

thebigmo Hot Doughnuts Now!!!

Feb 12, 2005
    Auburn, AL
    For some reason I thought she already knew that basically everyone knew they only have sex once a year? Pretty meh episode overall.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Geek trivia: The guy who plays Bert the geologist was a writer on Deadpool for several years. (I believe it's just last week that I got the super-deluxe omnibus edition of his entire run.)

3. ayedee

ayedee Member

Mar 25, 2004
    South Florida
    I have given up on Big Bang.

4. Meinrad

Meinrad dumdiddydum

Nov 16, 2001
    Pittsburgh Area
    “I have six children, five of whom are married and self-sufficient. I don’t think I’m the problem.”

Does Leonard know Priya is married? Did I miss that somewhere. Or is this just typical sitcom laziness?

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    So is Raj living off his Dad's money because he could or because he can't afford his lifestyle? Are scientists like Raj that poorly paid? I would think that someone with a PHD would be making at least upper 5 figures which should be plenty for a single person to live a reasonable lifestyle. That whole situation just seems a bit weird.

Are they setting this up so Stuart and Raj share an apartment? Maybe finally Raj gets a serious partner too.

Mikeguy likes this.
  6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Although I've enjoyed the show as a nice distraction, I've been finding the episodes sometimes unsatisfying of late. The show gets to around 20+ minutes and I'm waiting for the show finally to take off at that point, and then it only has a couple of minutes of content left.

7. sfenton

sfenton Member

Feb 8, 2004
    Acworth Ga
    If only they were 20 minutes long. My recording failed last night so I looked at the episode on iTunes - 17 minutes. I did not want to pay for that so I watched it on the CBS site.

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Why would he care now that he and Penny are married?

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I thought it was weird as well. Presumably, Raj earns a similar amount to Sheldon and Leonard. But he's very spoiled, so he's not used to living on a budget. He'd have to move to a cheaper building, start paying for his own car, start doing his own cleaning and laundry and shopping, etc. I'm sure he could make it work (as the rest of the gang was trying to explain to him), but he was acting like a spoiled child that doesn't want to give up its toy.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a change in the Raj character that allows him to get a long-term girlfriend and become less of a wuss.

10. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    We've had this discussion many times on BBT threads (what haven't we discussed on BBT threads?). They always seem to make all the guys short on money. I realize it's more expensive to live in Cal., but none of them are living in mansions. I hope our scientists are well paid. Maybe they just do it to give us plots us poor people in flyover country can identify with. Or maybe all their money goes to comics and action figures. :)

11. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    They buy a lot of comic books.

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Remember these guys are not scientists working in the private sector. They're university faculty (professors, adjunct professors, or who knows what--the show is, purposefully I expect, not very precise about this). Sheldon and Leonard were roomates to save money. They do spend a lot on comic books, games, and take-out, but Raj is the only one who lives alone, has a pet (can be expensive), pays a cleaning person, etc. He also seems to spend more on his wardrobe :). And, both Penny and Bernadette are making more money than their husbands now (Amy is also faculty at the university).

13. midas

midas I heard that

Jun 1, 2000
    Montgomery,...
    I think the payoff should have been after Sheldon did his speech we found out that Bert was actually the only one that knew.

14. cannonz

cannonz Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They should just put Raj out of our misery, have them wonder were he has been go by his apartment see him swinging from a rafter.

15. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Tooooomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya, tomorrow,
    You're always a day aaaaawaaaaaay.