1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory [11/15/2012] - "The 43rd Peculiarity"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Nov 16, 2012.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    The rest of the episode was fine but I have a real problem with the Penny/Hypnotism conversation coming out of Sheldon's mouth. That was definitely a Howard line. It was just creepy (and not in a funny way) coming from Sheldon.

2. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I agree. Based on the rules of his character that they have set up, he would not be able to make that connection with a chicken pecking at feed.

3. SeanC

SeanC ECT

Dec 30, 2003
    Someplace
    I didn't think it was creepy, what was extremely odd about that was:

Sheldon believes in hypnotism?

That seems completely out of character. I would have expected him to call it hokum.

4. mdougie

mdougie New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Pretty good episode.

5. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    My guess about the 43 on the board was that Sheldon was doing an experiment on how long it would take them to snoop on him if he were to disappear everyday for 20 minutes. The wormhole hoax was hilarious though!

6. MikeCC

MikeCC TiVotee

Jun 19, 2004
    Wow, I could not disagree more about that Sheldon line. It was hysterical. The little head bob was so subdued, my wife did not notice it at first. I had tears in my eyes, so I had trouble locating the remote... I backed up the scene and showed her, and SHE was laughing as loudly as I.

I think having Howard say the line might have telegraphed the joke a bit too much. As it was, the line was funny, but that head bob just had me laughing off and on the rest of the episode.

7. billypritchard

billypritchard Embiggener

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Apparently they had a flash mob break out during the filming of this episode...

Big Bang Theory Flash Mob

Pretty awesome, cool to see them having so much fun. There is another longer version that someone filmed with a camera phone on youtube too, this one is edited by CBS.

8. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    Our little boy, Sheldon, is growing up....

9. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    That's great!

Bazinga!

10. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    That is great. I have always heard their cast is one of the ones that go out of their way to make it enjoyable for the audience at tapings since there is so much waiting.

11. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    And hopefully the above video puts to rest any remaining people who doubt that they use a live audience for the show laughter.

12. YCantAngieRead

YCantAngieRead Not Entirely Current

Nov 5, 2003
  13. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    The longer version I watched had a brief cameo from Johnny Galecki doing some break dancing.

14. billypritchard

May 7, 2001
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah, she was missing from this episode. No Bernadette either. It was like a throw-back episode to the early seasons.

15. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Funny you mention this. The one scene last night that to me cemented that was the one when the two guys were face to face listening at the door. It was clear that they were waiting for the laughter to die down before they said their lines.

16. CorgiMom28

CorgiMom28 In search of a Title

Jan 6, 2007
    The "Freak...
    The full version on youtube is great!

17. edtude

edtude New Member

Oct 12, 2009
    Frederick MD
    Well said

18. Bob_Newhart

Bob_Newhart My Custom User Title

Jul 14, 2004
    Houston
    I haven't watched this episode yet, but hearing there's no aff or squeaky in it, I'm excited about seeing it! :up:

19. Michael S

Michael S Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Did any Bones or Alphas fans noticed whose Penny's friend was?

20. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    For you 'Penny is a dirty drunk' types...she cleaned up this episode just for you.. ;)