Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Mar 14, 2014.
Howard seems to have forgotten about his mom and the dentist.
That's who I thought he was talking about when he started his story. But by the end, it was clear that he wasn't referring to that episode.
To be fair, you have never met my wife. What semantics would you use to identify someone who grew up in a family where everyone is a Born Again Christian and attended a church where everyone is a Born Again Christian?
I guess they aren't true Scotsman either.
I agree that it's unfortunate that the 99 percent make the other 1% look bad.
I don't understand why there's an argument about this.
As much as Sheldon likes to be ultra rational, he experience a severe emotional shock and needed to regroup and process it.
No doubt Howard suggested a stiff drink, which Sheldon has probably seen people do hundreds of times in movies and television.
No semantics....it's a decision made by a person. I'm not going to engage in a religious discussion here. But, by definition, born again Christian is one who has made a conscious decision...not just because they were "brought up in a (born again) Christian home or by (born again) Christian parents".
And I would disagree....but you and I are both entitled to our opinion.
I would use their specific denomination.
You can't lump all Christians together, just as you can't lump all Muslims together.
People can, and do, but it isn't right or correct.
I am thinking that another thread is in order for those that would like to discuss the religious topics brought up.
I won't be starting one as that is not something I have a interest in, but I know others are interested in that kind of conversation.
...I should have known that would start the derail. Sorry, everyone who isn't participating it, for setting it off.
I agree with the minions here that said the show is getting a bit boring but it will easily last 3 years. I just think it's like almost all sitcoms. They've kind of run out of plots at this point, so they rehash the Raj, murder mystery one. And I had the same reaction as the rest of the characters...not again.
Best part of the episode was how Sheldon acts like an 8 year old boy around his mom. I like that dynamic (maybe because it moves away from the usual show's dynamic).
Anyone else getting board with the writers trying to prove that Leonard and Penny really don't belong together? Seems to be in the plot every week. But, if they are going to break them up, make it permanent this time.
Also I think Howard has the best lines week after week now.
I was thinking about this while I was driving today and am hoping that it doesn't become Friends with comic books.
I just started typing a response talking about how I was surprised that they did a murder mystery in two different episodes so close to each other, but then I realized that the previous one I was thinking of wasn't actually BBT but instead was a sketch on SNL when Jim Parsons was hosting.
I saw Laurie Metcalf in a Broadway play the Christmas before this last one. It was called The Other Place, and she was quite good. In fact, she got a best actress Tony nomination for her work in it. I'd never seen her in a drama before, only Rozanne and BBT.
The orange/black car at the left edge of the scene is the BMW i3, which hasn't yet begun US deliveries. I think the moving car is a tarted up Ford Escape. The silver car looks like an old micro/bubble car.
Did the driver have a sunburned head?
Sheldon will drink when social conventions dictate it. He drank at the bachelor party because it is part of what is done when attending one. The same with drinking with Bernadette's father watching football. He learned from his father it's what men do watching football.
Somewhere he must have learned it's acceptable to have a drink in a very depressing or shocking moment. It would have been perfect Sheldon for him to acknowledge it though. That is where I felt the writers fell down with that scene.
You've obviously never lived in the South.
Where, apparently, they believe in reincarnation..?