1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Big Bang Theory [03/13/2014] - "The Mommy Observation"

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ScubaCat, Mar 14, 2014.

1. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Laurie Metcalf (Mrs. Cooper) didn't look like herself on this episode. I kept trying to figure out what was different but never could.

Sheldon: Then why are you doing it?
    Mrs. Cooper: Because I'm not perfect, Shelly. And that man's booty is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheldon: I love my mother. Even if she fornicates like a demonic weasel.​

2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Howard: I'd rather go back into that bar in assless chaps than go in there!

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    For me, not their best effort. Cringeworthy at times.

4. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    I agree. A mildly amusing, run of the mill episode. Not many memorable moments IMO.

5. Hank

Hank AC•FTW

May 31, 2000
    Boston, MA
    And we never got to find out why Penny killed Stuart.

I don't see how this show is going to last another three years. It's already getting kind of boring. We need some new blood and get rid of the deadwood (Raj, Howard, Amy).

6. jeff92k7

jeff92k7 Annoyed with trolls

Jan 18, 2006
    on planet earth
    AFF just seemed mean in this episode. It's like she would pretend to care about something and then just decide that she didn't want to try and was just mean instead.

Penny: "I need another clue." Ha ha...drunk Penny is funny.

7. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    It can go another three years because people will continue to watch it for another three years. It could lose half of its audience and still be one of the most watched shows on television. The actors playing Raj, Howard and Amy will all get nice raises and won't be going anywhere. The shows probably won't be as good but people will still watch. That's kinda the way it works in television.

8. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    I thought the converstation between Sheldon and his mother was one of the funniest things they've done in a long time.

That said When did Sheldon willingly start drinking? That seemed way out of place for me. Even of it was nothing more than a sip.

9. eddyj

eddyj Señor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    Well, it wasn't normal circumstances, was it?

10. ScubaCat

ScubaCat Shades of Blue......

Jun 26, 2003
    N.E. GA
    Remember when Sheldon got drunk in the episode "The Thanksgiving Decoupling" and then threw up on "a bunch of clowns" in the bathroom? He was drinking beer voluntarily then. Bernadette's dad wanted him to have a beer while they watched football and Sheldon easily agreed. You know Sheldon is not going to do something Sheldon doesn't want to do.

11. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Quad Sillies
    "I saw my mommy naked with a man trying to become a mommy again!"

12. Craigbob

Craigbob Active Member

Dec 1, 2006
    Land of...
    I guess his drinking is a sign of his his growth and socialization.

13. pahunt

pahunt New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    England
    Wait, wait, wait, what kind of BBT thread is this?! No comments about skanky Penny looked? No comments how about how drunk she was? I am disappointed in the community :D

14. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    Did you read the thread?

15. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    That was a perfect Sheldon line. I wish they hadn't used it in all of the promos for the episode... by the time I heard it "in context" it wasn't funny anymore.

16. pahunt

pahunt New Member

Apr 7, 2003
    England
    Whoops, missed that one :eek: Complaint partially withdrawn.

17. Howie

Howie Out of Pocket TCF Club

May 3, 2004
    San Antonio
    I bet Sheldon and AFF will do the deed sometime next season. They can't possibly be virgins for 3 more years.

18. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Well, The Simpsons are still on. I still even watch them but not with any great passion anymore. Mostly out of loyalty.

I liked a few parts of the episode but agree with was sort of ho hum.

I liked that Howard and Sheldon went off on their own together. I liked that Raj did the game up but then didn't like HOW he did it. Boring.

The argument with Leonard and Penney about what happens when they are "grown up" - professor and actresses was just stupid. And I don't feel like it really got resolved.

I did like the ending very much.

19. Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I disagree about it being stupid. Even though nothing got resolved it still is an important and necessary conversation to have in a relationship that's going places.

That being said, I don't like Penny's character anymore. She's practically become the cliche that's joked about in these threads every week. Drunk, bitter and generally not a nice person.

20. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Okay, well, I think what I meant was the how of it. Would you really have that long a fight/discussion in front of friends? I could see if it came up saying something and then saying we have to talk about it later. I don't know, but maybe that's just me.

Yes, it is an important discussion but it also isn't one that usually comes up UNTIL something trips it - like her getting an important part or him getting an offer to work somewhere else. And yes, the smart thing would be to discuss it first but how many people really do that. You can say "what if" but without knowing the instance, you don't know how you would react.

I think they could have done it better by maybe having Leonard recieve an offer or Penny hearing about something going on in NYC and auditioning/getting the part.

And Stuart said they were a great couple my heart melted. I have a fangirl crush on Stuart.

Favorite line -
    "I can see up your skirt"