1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Bachelor 2017 - Nick Viall (Full Season w/Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Jan 3, 2017 #1 of 78
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Not sure how much interest there is, but I have to admit it is a guilty pleasure of mine.

They had on 30 woman this time. From what I recall, it is usually 25. And surprisingly not one was drunk out-of-their-mind. Also a lot more diverse than previous seasons. In fact, the "first impression rose" went to one of them who happens to be an attorney.

There's the obligatory villain (Corrine) who went for the first kiss. One from the past (they were at the wedding of a couple from Paradise) whom Nick had a one-night stand with. And a dolphin (shark). The dolphin got a rose! That was pretty funny since the women all dress-up like they're going to a red carpet affair and the one in a dolphin costume gets a rose.

I happen to like Nick and I feel he's been painted with a villain brush. He's not the best looking bachelor, but that doesn't stop the woman from falling all over him. The worst was the one who picked the skinny-dipping villain from his season. He was pretty average looking at best and no personality...LOL!

2. Jan 3, 2017 #2 of 78
    tivotvaddict

tivotvaddict Creatively Challenge

Aug 11, 2005
    In front of...
    Guilty pleasure for me too. :) It amazes me how strikingly beautiful some of the women are ... Vanessa (teaches special education) is one that stood out to me. The neonatal nurse (Danielle) seems like a sweetheart. She reminds me of Whitney from Chris Soules' season, but much more likeable. Not sure why they had soooo many girls. Too many to get to know, imho. Shark/Dolphil girl was hysterical.

tta

3. Jan 3, 2017 #3 of 78
    series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I typically only watch the first episode so I can understand who Jimmy Kimmel is talking about when he makes fun of them. I agree Vanessa is the best one. If it were me I'd just need to see the three minute profile of each woman and that's enough info for me to select Vanessa out of this bunch. No need to go through the formality of an entire season.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  4. Jan 3, 2017 #4 of 78
    sushikitten

sushikitten 143 down, ??? to go! TCF Club

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    I've never watched one single episode...until last night. A bunch of friends convinced me to join their watching party. Thy even have an espn bracket for it.

And while I had fun hanging out with my friends, they take it VERY seriously. Like they were taking notes and comparing people to other seasons (which of course left me out). And for as much as they love the show and all that, they sure talk over a lot of the show...some of which they rewind and some they don't. For me, who doesn't like to miss one second of a show it's annoying...but I don't care that much so I'm just along for the ride.

I liked Vanessa, too. I have her in my final four.

5. Jan 4, 2017 #5 of 78
    dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    yup, I'm in for the season. I liked Vanessa too; also Rachel (the one that got the first impression rose) and the neonatal nurse (Danielle?). The girl who was in the shark costume is an "aspiring dolphin trainer" who doesn't know a shark from a dolphin (costume)?? I bet that was a "suggestion" from the producers, to pretend she thought she was dressed as a dolphin. Made her look pretty dumb, though.

6. Jan 5, 2017 #6 of 78
    sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Are there always this many duds (or I guess non-memorable girls) and a small handful everyone likes? Everyone in our group has picked/liked the same 4-5 thus far (Same as ones mentioned above).

7. Jan 5, 2017 #7 of 78
    DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    My wife is a faithful Bachelor watcher, but I never really got into it until last season (the Ben season). Then I watched Bachelor in Paradise with her, so literally my only knowledge of Nick is from BIP, where I thought he came across very well (so I don't get where the animosity towards him comes from). He seems like a decent guy.

Anyway. Vanessa (if that is her name - special ed teacher) was clearly my favorite, along with Rachel (the attorney who got the first impression rose), Danielle L (because of that dress!), and the neonatal nurse (Danielle M?).

8. Jan 9, 2017 #8 of 78
    sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    Thoughts.

Corinne is playing too hard. Please tell me she's an anomaly.

I'm glad someone stood up to her interruptions, though they shouldn't have let her get away with it at all. MAYBE the first time but sure as hell not the second. And her getting pissed that her interruption got interrupted? Seriously? She needs a throat punch post haste. Unfortunately I think she'll be around awhile. Barf. Gag.

Now I know why I never watched this show. Too much nothing. Too much feeling awkward. Two hours?! I may not last the season.

9. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
    The first episode is FULL of 'duds', but these get weeded out relatively quickly. (Eight went home on the first night.) By the 3rd of 4th episode it's usually clear which girls are the front-runners who will probably stick around for the season. And there are always "types" that are kept around for a good part of the season as well: The Villain, The Good Girl, The Drunk, The Crier, etc. They create drama, which is the #1 thing the producers like to give the viewers. You'll be really annoyed by some of the women, and will start rooting for others. It helps if you like the 'lead', as you will likely become invested in his/her quest (or, their favorite word, "journey") to find love.

10. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Two-hours and "to be continued"? :eek:

There's always a villain and Corrine in this season's. I'm also pretty sure the producers told Nick to give her the rose. That stuff just makes viewers and not to mention the other women crazy!

This is the first time I've ever heard a bachelor/bachelorette say that a contestant might be here just to be on TV. That's usually something the show does not want to admit. Why? 'Cause they're ALL there to be on TV! Including Nick!

But I'm glad he got rid of the "one-night-stand". As he has said, if she were really interested, she would have contacted way before he was chosen as The Bachelor.

11. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    Anyone watch UnREAL? My wife watched the whole thing but I only caught bits. I dropped in here on a whim and am chuckling in retrospect at the similarities ("types", etc.) I'm sure if I was a regular watcher of Bachelor I would find it even more hilarious...

12. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I saw the red flags on her the first episode and that's why I didn't mention her in spite of her being perhaps the most visually attractive. She claimed credit for her parents' business and looked spoiled. Looked like a bit of an egomaniac and control freak with everything having to be about her. I guess that's what the producers look for to create drama for their show.

13. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    They will keep Corinne as long as possible and milk her "evil". When she goes, someone else will take her place.

I love this show - definitely one of my guilty pleasures!

14. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    Watching UnREAL is the main reason I can watch the "real" Bachelor show. :D

15. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Well that's a first. Sleeping during the Rose ceremony! And Corinne has a nanny...LOL! If these are not red flags...

Dominque's issue is that she gravitates to men that are not serious. How else do you explain her and the other women still being single?

Vanessa especially stood out. She's almost too good for Nick. I take that back, she is too good for him!

16. sushikitten

Jan 27, 2005
    DC-ish Suburbia
    That exactly what our group said--she's too good for him. We'd love for her to lose (or win!) and be the next Bachelorette.

We were all rooting for Nick to toss out Corinne once he learned that she was sleeping during the rose ceremony. And it seemed like he was concerned about that… But then she gave her lame apology and he's back in her good graces. Lame. LAME! (But we all know the producers want her to stay. )

And we've seen her in promos for future episodes.

17. dbranco

dbranco Member

Nov 20, 2003
  18. nyny523

nyny523 Oy

Oct 31, 2003
    New Yawk
    Finally watched last night (storm knocked my cable out on Monday).

I am surprised they are saying either Corinne or Taylor are going home next week - I predicted they would keep them around for a while then send them on a 2-on-1...looks like it will be happening sooner rather than later.

All I keep thinking when I see and hear Corinne is what must her parents be thinking. If that were my kid, I would hide under a rock. Wow.

19. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Man! I was thinking the same thing.

I may have to take back what I said about Nick. He's starting to creep me out. Not to mention the constant kissing for kissing sake. I know most of the show's Bachelors behave this way, but can you seriously talk to a girl without making a move?!

20. MauriAnne

MauriAnne Mostly lurking

Sep 20, 2002
    NC
    Oh dear Lord !! Corinne eating was *almost* enough to make me stop watching.