1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apprentice Season Finale - OAD 05/20/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by ThatOne, May 21, 2012.

1. ThatOne

ThatOne Active Member TCF Club

Oct 21, 2008
    Beverly...
    Thoughts?

That Aubrey is one bitter biatch.... :thumbsdown:

I thought Arsenio did a better job on the final project, but wow.. Clay raised some serious $$$

Congrats to Arsenio on the win, never been a Clay fan and glad to see him in second again.

2. xyz

xyz New Member

Apr 11, 2002
    PA

I don't like Aubrey and she completely annoyed my the whole season, but Arsenio called her a whore and I can understand why she said those things about him. I think she was completely right.

I don't think Arsenio deserved to win either. He hardly did anything the whole season, and Adam practically did this whole task. If you didn't know who the PM was last week, you definitely would have thought it was Adam and not Arsenio.

3. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Arsenio had disclosed on "The View" (May 16) -- see video below at the 9 minute mark -- that when Aubrey was on his team the first time, she was showing Teresa photos on her phone of numerous different previous lovers' penises, and there were LOTS of different penises (penii?). As awkward and inappropriate as that was, he tried to ignore her awful braggadocio and move on with the task. But it was that sort of behavior, plus her incredible narcissism and insults towards him as Project Manager, which contributed to his blow-out. Based on the photos on her phone, I would tend to agree with Arsenio's label for Aubrey.

Of course, you are free to think what you want, but if you understand some of the behind-the-scenes details which never made the final cut/edit of the show, your view might change.

4. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Not as bad as Joan Rivers, but Clay certainly deserved to win over Arsenio. The cast even seemed to all be picking him as winner. Not to mention Lisa even liking Clay so much that she donated money in a fundraising task to the other team. And Arsenio being emotional (which is why Lisa was fired) and calling people names, both of which Clay never did.

It's irritating that Trump just does what he wants even when everybody else is saying differently.

And he really kept bringing up Miss Universe all the time. It's almost as if he has a stake in that :rolleyes:

5. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    The problem with Joan winning wasn't that Annie deserve to win (although she certainly did!).

The issue was that Joan was a evil nasty person that Trump should in no way have wanted to be "representative" of his show. Clay certainly wasn't like that. Now if it were Lisa in the finals, then I could see the Joan Rivers comparison...

6. jeepair

jeepair Member

Apr 21, 2004
    I like them both and they both deserved to be in the finals, I just think Trump picked the wrong winner.

7. Sadara

Sadara huh?

Sep 27, 2006
    Wichita, KS
    I liked them both. I guess I didn't care which one won.

I was just glad for it to be over, I couldn't stand Aubrey. That video from The View is interesting, pretty much sums up my opinion of her already. Aubrey was so over the top that my husband stopped watching weeks ago!

8. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    He's done that the entire season.

I loved when they showed Dayanna "crying".

9. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    What was that talk about Arsenio getting another shot at late night tv? Is that just what he wants to get out of doing this reality show?

10. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Like most of the D-list celebs on the show, he came on for the pub. Doubt he gets a late night gig out of it tho. Wonder what he's been doing all these years for money, apparently not comedy; he said his standup was rusty.

The editing was poor in the finale in that it didn't show why Trump chose Arsenio over Clay and of course Trump doesn't explain himself. Arsenio trying to get his own way was painful; trying to convince Adam not to go with a roast theme. Guess he didn't get his way with the PM. ;)

11. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Thought Clays PSA was better, thought his presentation was better and he about tripled the amount of money he raised. Yea he should have lost.

12. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    And Clay's party was better. All Arsenio did was put out some liquor.

13. Test

Test Active Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Ah ok, maybe Trump picked him as the winner because they have a late night talk show in the works. :D

Other than that theory, I have no idea why he won.

14. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I didn't watch this season because of him picking Joan Rivers that season. Seems like he did the same thing this year. :(

15. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Arsenio is definitely not Joan...

16. nataylor

nataylor Curiously Strong TCF Club

Apr 26, 2000
    Houston, TX
    So both charities ended up getting over $300k. I do not have a problem with this. Clay and Arsenio seem like genuinely nice people.

17. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Oh, I hope not. :) I'm not knocking Arsenio, but many people here seem to think Clay did better in the task and should have won.

But Trump picking Joan basically ended my enjoyment of that show. One person deciding who gets kicked off each week, regardless of what happens in the tasks? Forget it.

I read some of the threads here, but that's it.

18. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Comcast just announced a new Magic Johnson cable channel.
    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/ent...aunch-magic-johnson-cable-channel-aspire.html
    "The initiative begins to fulfill a promise the cable operator made last year when it was seeking the federal government's approval of its more than $14 billion merger with NBCUniversal."

It all becomes clear.

19. Dnamertz

Dnamertz New Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Being a successful PM, or head of a company, doesn't mean doing all the work yourself. It means hiring the right people who you can trust to do the work that is need to accomplish your vision. I think both Arsenio and Clay did this successfully in this final task, but they had differnet management styles. Arsenio pretty much let people do their thing, while Clay wanted to be more involved in every aspect.

I think they both did a great job, but as usual Trump never explains his reason for picking the final person. Who won the final task??? Other than the fund-raising, I don't think he mentioned the final task.

20. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    During the PSA, Johnson said something about "serving minority communities" and checking out the group's Web site, I see the same thing:
    I had thought that it was focused on AIDS/HIV issues for everyone, not just blacks/hispanics.