1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apprentice S12E09 "Puppet Up!" 15 Apriil 2012

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Amnesia, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    It seems like Paul was in a lose-lose situation. He could either have brought back Aubrey---in which case Trump would complain that he didn't bring back Arsenio ("You're fired!") or he could have brought back Arsenio and risk Trump complaining that he didn't respect Arsenio's loyalty.

I think Paul should have just brought back Teresa.

2. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    That's what I thought too, just bring back Teresa. Trump kept saying the judges didn't like Arsenio when it was only the puppet they didn't like.

3. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Paul had checked out before they even began- he was not upset to leave and had a big chunk of change for his charity, so mission accomplished mama I'm comin' home.

Lisa has now officially been triple trumped- Dayana is prettier, Penn is better on stage, and now it seems Clay is funnier.
    Seriously, she needs medication. That tirade came out of nowhere and occurred for no reason.

Clay's blog.

4. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    The judges didn't like the puppet that Arsenio designed. As soon as Lisa broke down (which I think was phony), I knew that Paul's team was going to lose.

5. DLL66

DLL66 New Member

Oct 20, 2002
    TN
    I think Lisa is all drama. She has not impressed me.

I can tell Paul Sr. wasn't into this project. Be it that his back was bothering him or he didn't want to be in the bickering anymore. He's been trying to patch things up with his sons and has his own drama and didn't want to be part of another.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    I can't remember if they had a live reunion last time. Hope they will this time. Be fun to see people own up to their behavior.

7. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    Lisa crying had nothing to do with the outcome. She's not a sympathetic character on the show so she gets no points from Trump. Paul's team only have two people with stage experience vs three for Lisa's team when the task called for three performers so the outcome is easy to see. The only way Forte was going to lose if they went way overboard on the adult humor which they came close.

Lisa did observe that it would have been better if Paul had brought Arsenio back as an ally against Teresa. Paul checked out as PM and the boardroom as soon as his back started bothering him so he was sunk, but Arsenio could have argued the task was lost due to Teresa's performance (continually violating rules of improv), possibly saving Paul.

Aubrey is going to final 3 if she behaves herself. Had no idea she had any comedic timing but she was better than Penn as the host.

8. 2004raptor

2004raptor time to emancipate

Dec 30, 2005
    GA
    You mean when she broke down in the board room? Why would you think that? Not arguing, it was late and i was tired, I just don't remember it appearing "phony"?

9. mcb08

mcb08 Hoya for life!!

Mar 10, 2006
    The 6ix
    I didn't mean that Lisa's crying had any impact on the outcome. I meant that it was obvious that they were trying to create some drama ("Oh no! I wonder if Lisa is really going to go back into the boardroom by herself?"). Lisa's crying seemed to come out of nowhere. I wouldn't be surprised if she was trying to garner support from her teammates for future tasks.

10. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
    Just because they didn't speak about it doesn't mean they didn't notice it and file it away for later.
    That look Penn gave us was something worthy of John Krasinski on The Office, and Clay ain't buyin' it either.
    Aubrey is the only one there (aside from Teresa whom I do not count as a viable contestant, just lucky) who has the least bit of tolerance for Lisa and all of that was only while they were team mates. On opposite sides I'm betting it would look like WWIII.

Had Paul had an inkling of motivation he could have brought back Teresa and along with Arsenio, eviscerated her- she "broke the rules of improv," had no comprehension that two syllables meant two mouth openings (what's the word for that, LOL), had no hand eye coordination to do it in the first place, and was generally thick headed and inept. I suffer second hand embarrassment for her every time she speaks and I don't even know her aside from this show.
    Aubrey's carrying on that Teresa "tried so hard" was just Aubrey's attempt to forge some sort of alliance with someone, anyone and unfortunately trying doesn't equal success.
    Teresa failed in her job and if Paul had played his cards right he could have gotten rid of her- he just didn't care enough to try.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm continually shocked at how calm Teresa remains as people constantly question her intellectual abilities. I guess that confirms what the people are saying, that those abilities don't really exist.

I've never seen her show (Real Housewives), but how can someone as dull as she is be dynamic on a reality show?

12. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    so this far in who's looking good to take it all?

I am thinking either Penn Jillette or Arsenio Hall.

13. ThatOne

ThatOne Active Member TCF Club

Oct 21, 2008
    Beverly...
    And Dayana is as stunning as ever.

To me, it's obvious that Lisa's jealousy is driving her tirades.

14. Gunnyman

Gunnyman Just a boring dude

Jul 10, 2003
    !Texas
    Lisa is the typical woman who thinks's she's ugly that can't stand the pretty girls. Lisa's ugly alright, ugly as hell on the inside.

15. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Of the remaining contestants, I can see anyone but Teresa or Dayana winning. But Trump clearly likes both of them, so they'll probably stay longer than one of the other players that deserves to stay longer.

16. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Clay also seems to be doing well---no big complaints about him in the boardroom, so Trump probably has a good opinion of him.

17. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I think it is impressive that Teresa travels back and forth from New Jersey every night and takes care of 4 kids and a husband all while working on this show. She may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she is to be commended for that. None of the other contestants have that added pressure.

18. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Did they mention that she travels back every night? And why can't her husband take care of the kids?

19. DevdogAZ

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    They didn't say whether the husband could, or why Teresa chose to do this. Aubrey simply mentioned that she does it when Aubrey was trying to find a way to compliment Teresa but couldn't say anything positive about her intellect or performance in the task.

I could imagine that as a mother of four, working on a project that's only an hour away from home, it would be difficult to justify staying overnight in Manhattan rather than just treating it like a normal job and commuting morning and night.

20. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Yes, they did mention that she goes home every night and takes care of her kids.