1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Americans 3/14/17

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by velouria28, Mar 14, 2017.

1. velouria28

velouria28 Member

Sep 22, 2008
    With many of us having guides that aren't updating you may have the incorrect length for this like I do on FXHD-W. It is still listed on my box as only being an hour long but actually runs for an hour and nine minutes per Screener.

Adjust accordingly.

jasonander, medmunds and JoeKustra like this.
  2. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Georgia
    Mine does 1h 9m now.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

3. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    My guide showed it being just an hour. Last guide update was ~10am today. I just connected again... Still shows S5E2 being one hour. I added 10 minutes of padding. Thanks for the heads up.

I also get FXHD-W. Bicker, any chance you get an East Coast feed? Strange the E feed is correct and the W feed is wrong.

4. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Georgia
    Yes, East coast feed.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

5. jasonander

jasonander Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Thanks for the heads up! My guide with FXHD-W was also wrong. This new guide data from Rovi is the pits.

6. IraF

IraF Member

Jan 22, 2002
    Oh CRAP! It did get the right length for the premiere, but not this one, which is now only on Vudu for $1.99.

FX often reruns a show the same night it airs, even in the immediately following time slot; and I think sometimes airs a prior episode just before a new one. (I may be confusing that with AMC, though.) After that, for a cable network, FX is very stingy with reruns and On Demand. I think it also reruns entire seasons in the weeks preceding a new season. Which is not at all useful unless you choose to delay viewing a whole season for a year to see it in sequence.

Looks like S5E2 full episode - the one in question - is still on fxnetworks.com. That's a relief. It may not be available for long. Looks like S5E1 is also there, so maybe they are keeping them online longer.

FX, and to a lesser extent AMC, have lots of dramas can run up to almost 20 minutes long. I've set a 30 minute pad on all FX and AMC 1Ps.

HBO shows also run overtime frequently, but (a) they repeat constantly, and (b) are On Demand and HBO Go.

Any other cable networks with shows that run long. I tend to watch BBC America, IFC and Sundance. Most of their current seasons are also On Demand, though.

Sequence I follow for missed shows:
    1. On Demand
    2. Network Roku apps
    3. Network web sites
    4. iTunes (but without an Apple TV, Vudu is probably a better idea)
    5. alt.binaries.tv (a questionable method that is more complex than the other methods and is unlikely to ever be shut down)
    I abandoned torrents years ago - unwise for many reasons, and I'd rather pay a couple of bucks, or mess with Usenet, than go down the torrent rabbit hold.

Any other methods for legally acquiring missed show?

7. Papageno

Papageno Member

Jan 30, 2005
    Good thing I was watching this "live-ish" or I would have missed the last bit. I don't know why FX seems to have so many problems getting the scheduling info for this show to TiVo in a timely manner. It's not the first time this has happened.

8. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston &...
    I have a lot of problems with FX series running over. I routinely pad them 15 minutes, JIC.

9. IraF

IraF Member

Jan 22, 2002
    A few years ago the head of FX apologized for an episode that ran long, as none of the guides had received proper information. But I think that only occurred once.

The Americans either always runs long now, or almost always. A 30-minute pad is not unreasonable, as they sometimes run 75 minutes.

I found this episode On Demand.