1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race - S24E01 2/23/14 *Spoliers*

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by DevdogAZ, Feb 24, 2014.

1. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Too bad about Mark not being able to race. That would really suck to find that out the night before the race starts.

I wonder if Mallory and her dad were a standby team and already in LA or if they made an emergency call to her and she hopped on the first plane.

There were some spectacular views of that tower and of the city.

So glad to see the Twinnies eliminated. I remembered not liking them the first time they were on, but by the end of this episode I already couldn't stand them again. If they had let me choose which team to eliminate first, it would have been them.

2. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    Fantastic first elimination!

3. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    And this episode demonstrates why I groaned when I saw the Twins would be on the Race again. The bickering and shrill cries of 'Twinnie' get old really fast.

spoiler for next week's teaser:
    When I saw Mallory subbing for Bopper, I said "Uh oh" and told my husband I hoped Mallory wouldn't be such an airhead this time around. Poor Mark. :(

4. ADent

ADent Active Member

Jan 7, 2000
    Denver, CO
    Got to see the Twinnies working with the Afganimals.

Glad to see the Twinnies go - they were on the first flight and still did the first task dead last.

Interesting seeing all the people trying to change - wonder if any of it will stick.

5. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I would have much, much rather seen first and last reversed. Oh well...

6. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I was a fan of the Twinnies last time, and going in really wanted to see the Afghanimals eliminated right away, but by the end of this episode, I was glad to see the Twinnies eliminated. Good Lord, I wouldn't want to put up with more of that for any more weeks!

7. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    with them gone, i might actually watch the rest of the season!

8. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I've never been so happy to see a team eliminated. My ears are thankful. Now if they lose the deaf guy and mom I can enjoy the rest of the season.

9. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Ahh, I started a season thread while this one was being started (got distracted at work).

Happy to get it deleted if people would rather separate ep threads.

What say you all?

10. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Really? Why? I think the cowboys are great racers and good sports. I think the twins are loud, obnoxious and grating. What makes you like them?

11. zordude

zordude WDW Fan TCF Club

Sep 23, 2003
    Malden, MA
    What a great first elimination!

I thought this was a pretty good start, wouldn't mind if the whiny redhead goes next.

12. pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    He doesn't like the cowboys, nothing will change that. He grew up in Kansas and I suspect guys that made his life hell. It comes up ever season they're on.

13. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    The twins were a good team their first season, but it's not that I liked them so much as that I dislike the Oklahoma sh*tkickers. I know I'm in a small minority in this, but there it is. Half the guys in my high school could have been their daddy. I don't trust the aw-shucks act.

14. HIHZia

HIHZia Mad Turk

Nov 3, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    If it helps, I met them and their families doing a commercial. They still work their own ranches and seem like genuinely nice guys. Don't get me wrong, I grew up around the same kind of guys you're talking about, so I think I can tell the difference.

15. etexlady

etexlady Active Member

Jun 22, 2002
    East Texas
    I really do not like the "all stars" concept on reality shows (TAR, Survivor, Big Brother, etc). If you have watched a program regularly then you already know the person/team's personality and method of play. Most likely if you didn't like them the first time, you won't like them the second or third. I would be more than happy to see the Afghanimals go next.

16. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    That's how I felt too.

Afghanimals next would be good.
    Brendan and Rachel after that.

17. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    +1

...and let's avoid calling them 'Branchel' just because they're trying to create their own nickname - and everyone knows you don't get to choose that, it has to be given to you!

18. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    This. There was only one team I could have been half as happy to lose and that would be the mom and son.

19. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    :up::up:

20. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I wonder what the over/under is for how long Brachel's marriage lasts.