1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race - Poland - OAD 10/27/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by TonyTheTiger, Oct 28, 2013.

1. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Told ya it was a non-elim! [smug mode off] ;)

So now, there's only one Express Pass left and no-one knows who has it apart from the Docs and Pinky & No Brain!

Interesting to see that they only just won, even using the Express Pass, so I'm hoping they are not long for this competition - especially as they now have no bargaining power - even though Pinky said they would lie! Biotch.

I somehow knew that the Hippies were going to get U-Turned and have to dress up as the statues - again!

Oh, and as soon as they read the clue, I said 'Pose'. I've seen the show before and watched grown men cry like babies when they couldn't get the steps right!

2. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    There should be a rule that if you finish first using the Express Pass you shouldn't be allowed to win the bonus prize (in this case, a trip to Hawaii). Maybe the rule should only be for Pinky and No Brain :D

And....mmmmmmm...Dohhh-Nuts :)

3. Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Pinky can lie all she wants but everyone knows they used the pass. They know because Pinky and No Brain weren't wearing their costumes at the end.

I'm really bummed that the hippies are out. They were my favorite pair and I think they could have gone to the end. The docs have been the ones to beat from the start and now with a pass they're even stronger.

4. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    TAR should have made them dress up and wear it for the rest of the leg, even if using the EP.

5. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Or if they were smart they would have done it themselves, regardless.

6. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    I don't think they knew about it. IIRC, when you finished the task the clue said to keep your costume on. So I don't think they knew about it. Too bad for them. :p

7. cstelter

cstelter Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Mankato, MN
    I think she'll still try to lie to others by offering them the express pass they've already given away in an effort to get teams to help her.

Docs have a decision-- admit they have the express pass to further hurt the team that gave it to them, or keep it hush-hush to avoid becoming more of a target from other teams.

8. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    They did. Don't they get the same clue telling them to go to the apartment building (which then had the added text about keep the costumes on). The express pass just got them to that clue without having to do the task.

9. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Finger...
    Yea, I guess that's true. So they weren't thinking ahead. Surprised?? :)

10. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    They were required to give it away by the end of the fifth leg, and this was the fifth leg.

I'm pretty sure that Phil explained that to everyone before the race started, so every team should know that they must have given away the second Express Pass.

11. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Exactly. Pinky and No-Brain were hoping to still be able to induce people to help them during this leg with the promise of the EP, but once this leg ended, they lost their power.

I loved when the doctor pushed all the elevator buttons on his way down the stairs, making the baseball wife have to stop on every floor (even though I'm rooting for the baseball wives).

12. tvmaster2

tvmaster2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2006
    why does it always seem when the bikini bozos are faced with elimination, it's a non-elimination round? maybe I'm just jaded, but the oddballs, seniors and people who are just different seem to get axed first. I suppose there's proof that I'm wrong, it just feels that way ;)

13. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    You're still racing legs are always like that. Still different from a non-elim leg though because there is no speed bump involved.

14. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    What happens if they don't give the express pass away?

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    My guess is that Phil would tell them to give it to somebody at the mat on the fifth leg. But what if they were Philiminated before they gave it away? I'd guess Phil would instruct them to give it to somebody as that was happening. Although they might be able to choose to take it with them.

16. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I suspect that if they hadn't given it away before the end of the fifth leg, it would become worthless and Phil would confiscate it from them.

17. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Was there really any question about that? :confused: Has there ever been a "still racing" leg that had an elimination in the middle?

18. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    That's possible too, but I'd think the producers would want it in play to pump up the drama.

19. cstelter

cstelter Member

Mar 17, 2002
    Mankato, MN
    I knew that!-- but hadn't been paying enough attention to realize we were aready at the 5th leg. I stand corrected...

20. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I'm inclined to think that they would be forced to give it to another team. Otherwise it's the obvious thing to do to make sure no-one has the advantage that giving one away is supposed to have.

Then they should have some kind of penalty for not complying with the rules.