1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race OAD 5/18/17-Vietnam Double Episode

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, May 19, 2017 at 12:25 AM.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Team Funstoppable was not :( ..poor Floyd! And Becca was crying..and I was crying! Really rooting for those two.

Good LORD, Scott and Brooke are sooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying! He is much less so, but goodness gracious! I do give him props for bungee jumping-and he seemed exhilarated after doing it-but her poisonous attitude is contagious.

I did love how he finally told her, "You're the WORST!" as they were carrying the mannequins down the street-that needed to be said.

Poor #TeamMomandDad - only 2 mannequins - WOMP WOMP

I did chuckle at how every team said the ladder challenge was "easy" - until they got to the top-where they all got stuck! HA HA!

pendragn likes this.
  2. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    How can it take two people so long to figure out that they are missing a mannequin? Did they think that they were only required to do two of the three? "What are we missing?" LOL

3. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Brooke is now as annoying as she ever has been, and Scott is showing an unattractive evil side. Watching them get through is sad and makes the show unenjoyable, when better people don't. It's only because Scott is taking all the challenges; if Brooke had done any of the challenges, they would still be in Vietnam.

4. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I was hoping for a "pivot, pivot" and Matt delivered!

tonestert, kettledrum, Regina and 2 others like this.
  5. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Those were painful episodes to watch. Beautiful, but painful. I hope Brooke is just collapsing under the pressure and isn't like this in her everyday life. That would be exhausting to be around.

6. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I can virtually guarantee you, she is like this in real life, whenever she is not getting her way--I've known too many people like her. Exhausting, and poisonous.

VegasVic and NorthAlabama like this.
  7. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    So with Team Fun being eliminated last night my interest in the show has dropped dramatically. Mainly I just want to see Brooke and Scott eliminated.

It looked like a brutal 2 legs with the heat. Joey almost collapsing at the end of the previous leg and Floyd basically succumbing to heat exhaustion after dealing with that bike for too long.

8. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Agreed-I was rooting for Team Fun and now I don't know who to root for-I guess TeamMomandDad-since I like the - ahem - persons of a certain age - to succeed!

9. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I was sitting alone in my house and actually yelled out loud at my TV "Shut the f*#k up!" at Brooke when she kept bringing up the stupid ladder thing that happened hours before. How does she think dwelling on something that she can't do anything about will be remotely helpful to her or anyone around her?

Yes, as soon as Phil narrated the description of that task, I said, "Pivot! Pivot!"

Mikeguy and verdugan like this.
  10. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    I was actually glad that Mike and Liz got eliminated in Greece. Can you imagine Mike trying to do this leg? Yikes! I bet even he is glad he was eliminated in Greece.

KyleLC and Mikeguy like this.
  11. pendragn

pendragn Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    Yeah, it might have killed him.

My wife and I are going to Greece later this year and we were just talking last night how we're going to have to make sure we're in good enough shape for it. :)

verdugan likes this.
  12. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I can't imagine Brook at home with "friends" (?) watching this show. Why would anyone ever spend 5 minutes with her again. How embarrassing. Or maybe she won't have the sense to be embarrassed.

I've liked Mom and Dad all along. Love his accent. While it was a stupid mistake, we've seen misreading the clue take down good teams in the past. Glad they survived.

Mikeguy likes this.
  13. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    God Brooke is sooooo annoying. The weird thing is, she actually seems like she is/could be capable of things, but just acts like a freaking baby.

14. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    What was London thinking that Floyd was going to be able to do when her bike started to tip? She was screaming for help like she was drowning, but Floyd was in the same boat she was. If he got off his bike to help her steady hers, then he's stuck having to pick up his bike by himself. But if he tries to help her while staying on his bike, he's not able to be of much help.

15. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Did anyone notice a pair of feet holding Floyd's bike up while he was assisting London?

Shame, because I think Team Fun were the only team to this point that haven't argued or blamed each other! I think Becca was genuinely more upset that her friend was sick than losing the race. I'd love to see them get another chance in a later series.

As for Brooke. Well, I wish someone would just push her off a cliff or something!

16. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I was thinking/hoping that, for suspense, she would lose it on the 500 steps at the end, and that everyone would pass her, eliminating her (and scheming Scott). I really am hoping that Joey and Tara eliminate them the next round (and with Brooke having to do all the challenges, hopefully physical ones). Sorry but, she just bugs me and makes the show significantly less enjoyable.

VegasVic likes this.
  17. goblue97

goblue97 Welcome Home, Jimmy!

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    Whatever she thought would happen apparently did since she made it without (at least on camera) her taking a tumble.

18. goblue97

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    I think Scott has been a saint to have been putting up with her to this point. He's made some snide comments but overall he has had to deal with her and in my book he's earned the right to make those comments.

kettledrum likes this.
  19. goblue97

May 12, 2005
    Michigan
    Do we know what the breakdown of roadblocks is? I was curious why Scott HAD to do the bungee one since it appeared they knew what it was prior to choosing who would do it.

20. cherry ghost

cherry ghost Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Chicago
    Scott said something like, "this is leg X, we have to have split all Roadblocks by now."