1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race - OAD 4/21/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by loubob57, Apr 22, 2013.

1. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I love those long pauses on the mat after Phil tells a team they are the last to arrive.
    You just know that means non-elimination. :)

2. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    How far from the blinking letters were the hockey guys for them to switch tasks? I thought the guy should have just run back and picked up another letter.

A shame jazz hands sticks around for another show.

3. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    Joey: "I figured it out".
    Rest of the world: "No you didn't. Someone gave you the answer"!!!

...and yes, he DOES scream like a girl...AND act effeminate!

4. BradJW

BradJW Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Houston
    I really can't believe the guys didn't come in last. The soccer moms must have been lost a while. Great job to beat the moms by about 2 seconds.

I guess I kinda understand some folks not knowing Reagan's "Tear down this wall" speech, but I would have thought the younger teams would have heard about it in school.

But Ich bin ein Berliner? Seriously some of the teams didn't know that. That is taught in schools isn't it?

5. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Could Katie have been any less excited about both winning the leg, and winning the cars. She looked pissed.

6. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I was hoping it was just the shock of actually winning a leg, but I dunno... maybe she was wondering how she would pay the taxes on it, or how many bodies she could store in the trunk. Big hair, big brain!

Those two really amaze me. "Coming into the race, we thought we'd win every leg, so winning zero has been a shock." Um, really? You think THAT much of yourselves? Unfortunately, they have a chance to win it because no one considers this "power couple" a threat.

7. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    He usually says "I'm sorry to tell you that you've been eliminated from the race." If he says "I'm sorry to tell you that you're the last team to arrive.", generally it's a non-elim. Occasionally he continues "... and you've been eliminated from the race."

And to the Mom that said "We LED them here.": you could have pulled over to let them pass, and then you could have FOLLOWED them here and you would have still lost the footrace.

8. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Also whenever he says, "I'm sorry but you are the last team to arrive..." it is always non-elimination. If it's elimination it's, "You are the last team to arrive, and I'm sorry to tell you..."

9. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    i was thinking that they should have tried to lose the other car in traffic, then make a mad dash for the pit stop. i'm never opposed to a good car chase!

not much intensity to last night's show, and the haunted house challenge was the lamest so far. at least with the toy train challenge there was some assembly required.

i wonder who stole the backpack??? you would think it would be on camera, right?

10. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Agreed on the car situation at the end. The hockey brothers had a good strategy. Follow them and beat them on a foot race. And one brother without a backpack could run even faster.

Which brings us to the stealing of the backpack. Like North Alabama, I'm surprised that it wasn't caught on camera. But I'm also surprised at the contestants that they don't have some sort of cable lock. At least he has his passport with him.

Does anybody know if he gets extra money to replace some of the things that were stolen?

11. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    She looked like that the entire episode. I forget if it was when they found out they were going to Dresden or when they had to drive to Berlin, but the country singers were yelling and jumping, and Katie just looked pissed.

12. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm sure that once they've al settled in and there isn't much going on, the cameramen get to stop filming and get some rest as well.

My thought on the guys following the girls at the end was what if the girls find a place to park and there's not another spot close by? I wonder if the race has spots reserved near the different locations so we don't have to see them circling the block.

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Also, let's talk about the Youtubers and the country singers trying to answer those robo questions in the car.

Was it Roosevelt?
    Is it the Great Wall of China?
    I think it was the 80's, maybe it was Bill Clinton.

[​IMG]

14. andyw715

andyw715 Active Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Yeah. Was her letter "P" blinking when she got it?

Cause it wasn't when she delivered it to the museum. If it wasn't she should have had to go back and get a working one.

15. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I wondered the exact same thing. :(

16. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    ...at least the Ford Fusions were the US models and had automatic transmission!

17. eddyj

eddyj SeƱor Member TCF Club

Jun 20, 2002
    South Florida
    I could not believe both teams with the model trains put a tree where it would interfere with the track! I mean, they had all this open space and they put one right by the track?

18. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    If your job is "sit at home and watch Youtube and post some stupid stuff" I'm not sure you paid too much attention in school.

19. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    When they said that about "winning zero has been a shock.." I thought, "You only have to win one leg-ask last year's winners!" ;):p

20. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Very good point. I'm going to guess that they do have designated parking spaces.