1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Breaking News - The sale is back... "Our “once in a lifetime” PLS promotion was such a hit, that we’ve decided to launch it again! The PLS Transfer Sale will be available again for the last 3 days of the month. This will include the BOLT+ 3TB, and 4 refurb units (BOLT 500GB, BOLT 1T, Roamio Pro and the TiVo Mini)." https://www.tivo.com/secondchancelifetimesale#/secondchancelifetimesale

The Amazing Race Finale - "Amazing Crazy Race" 12/08/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by JLucPicard, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Dec 9, 2013 #1 of 76
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I am very happy with the winners!

And Travis is a major BUTT! Did he do so many of the early roadblocks that Nicole had to do all of the later ones? If not, STFU and do them yourself! I wound up feeling bad for Nicole. But she really was bad at those challenges!

And finally, no idiot taxi drivers affecting the outcome. :up:

2. Dec 9, 2013 #2 of 76
    hummingbird_206

hummingbird_206 Active Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Near...
    Yep, I'm happy about the winners. Pinky and No Brain were very entertaining and glad to see them 2nd.

3. Dec 9, 2013 #3 of 76
    Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Yep that is the exact order I wanted them to finish in as I begun watching.

Travis really turned me off the last few episodes.

4. Dec 9, 2013 #4 of 76
    murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Berkeley CA
    I wondered about this, too. Don't they usually make the teams divide them up? But I wasn't keeping track in the early episodes.

I don't get how you can be an ER doctor and not understand how to work a problem. :confused:

5. Dec 9, 2013 #5 of 76
    Byteofram

Byteofram Survivor of C-bus

Oct 29, 2004
    Buckeye Land
    Glad they won too...after the bearded guys went out, they became a favorite. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had to split all the road blocks evenly and so Travis must have done a lot in the beginning, but I never pay attention in the beginning of the season.

6. Dec 9, 2013 #6 of 76
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yes they have to have done an equal amount of roadblocks.

Unfortunately I knew the Afghanimals weren't going to win so that spoiled it a little bit for me.

I hope we never see the Docs again. I know editing can distort things but I can't stand bitchy, whiny guys like that. And I sure wouldn't want Nicole treating me in the ER or even for a cold.

Pinky and No Brain grew on me during the race, I wouldn't have minded if they had won but overall I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm not really looking forward to all returning teams on the next race.

7. Dec 9, 2013 #7 of 76
    loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    I wanted Pinky to win just because so many people would have hated that. :p

Glad to see a nice team win in the end. This is the only leg where coming in second sucks.

8. Dec 9, 2013 #8 of 76
    heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    That was a good run to the finish. I got a kick out of one of them (can't remember which) asking the taxi driver in Alaska if he spoke English. I guess that gets to be a habit after a while on the race. :)

9. Dec 9, 2013 #9 of 76
    VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    I like that Pinky made no brain sign a 60/40 split agreement.

10. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Yeah, Asking the cab driver in Alaska if they spoke English was funny, especially when the driver replied "All my life"

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The order was right for me, and I was glad the obnoxious Afghanimals didn't make the final three. I liked the ER doctors until the last 3 episodes, but the guy was just relentless berating his wife to the point of tears. I almost expected her to say, after the race we are getting divorced, I can't stand him anymore!!

Pinky, as much as I thought she acted like a jerk most of the race was actually pretty awesome the last few legs and I had no problem with them finishing second.

I was SOOO jealous of the things they had to do in Juneau. When we were there, we had planned on taking a helicopter to a glacier and hike like that, but it was too foggy. That looked like so much fun. Great place to end the race!!

12. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Have you been in a cab in the US? I have had quite a few cabbies who's English was limited in NYC.

In Edmonton, CA one time, I got into a cab and the driver had SUCH a thick Scottish brogue I couldn't make out a word he was saying. His English was impossible to understand. Turns out, he said he was a native of Edmonton!! Next cab driver I had in Edmonton, was born in India and his English was almost perfect. Shows you can't assume anything :)

13. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    At least Jamey was the least obnoxious of the four teams left!

The back story of Pinky applying on the last day of applications and NoBrain was the only one available was funny. I'm glad they didn't win for many reasons including the 'contract' she made him sign!

I, too, knew of the Afghanimals not winning. I guess it's safe to say openly that they are running the 'All-Stars' race that will be on in February along with the Globetrotter, Margie & Luke, the Cowboys and others.

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yay, my favorites won. Gotta root for the semi-locals! :)

Travis was a total jerk the last couple legs.

While I didn't want them to win, I didn't find Pinky and NoBrain as bad as a lot of other people did. She was bossy and kind of a you-know-what, but for the most part they got stuff done. And she totally rocked that robot challenge.

The ending was not very suspenseful... they tried to edit it that way but you could tell that it wasn't even close after the Boston couple got the plane thing on the first try.

Not looking forward to more Afghanimals. Although if they lay off the ululating and finding some hot chicks to play schmoopy "Race Wives" with, then maybe they wouldn't be as bad.

15. Squeak

Squeak An Inert Gas

May 12, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio

Second try.

16. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Oops... you're right. Ok second try is still better than what, 12th and 22nd? :)

17. Steveknj

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I'm not looking forward to next season. We're either getting teams I liked a third time or teams I didn't like back again. Hopefully the locations will make up for the lack of interest in the teams.

18. tripmac

tripmac NASA Supporter

Oct 4, 2004
    Statesboro, GA
    I will say as much as I didn't like the Afganimals, I did enjoy their spirit. They seemed to enjoy the tasks and had a good time. So many times I see the teams in such a rush they fear taking a second and enjoying what they are doing and where they are that I want to scream at the tv to slow down and look around.

19. refried

refried New Member

Dec 21, 2005
    Brunswick, ME
    Makes me wonder how many bags of flour were on board the planes. Did they have to land at some point to get more bags to drop?

20. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Yeah... I can't tell you how much I'm dreading watching Luke whine his way through another race. Glad about some of the other teams though, like the Globetrotters. Flight Time and Big Easy are some of my all time favs. :)

The Afghanimals have not been as annoying since the hockey ditzes exited, so that's why I'm thinking maybe there's a little hope for them.