1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race 4.29.12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Bierboy, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    What, no penalty for "taking" the FF then not using it? Doesn't that unfairly eliminate other teams from using it?

I couldn't care less now who wins...I was REALLY pulling for team KY...but win or lose, they certainly had more fun and one of the best attitudes of any team in the history of TAR.
  2. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006

The penalty was the time it took to get there and back to the challenge. Any number of people can do the FF with the first one finished getting the FF. As no-one had done it, that left it open for Mark & Bopper. Unfortunately, they were over three hours behind the last pair to leave, plus having to do the speed bump, meant they were still the last to arrive.

I agree that there's no-one worth pulling for now.

Ah well. We'll still watch, but don't care which pair of losers wins the whole shebang. Except, of course, those BP idiots!
  3. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Ah the Race is an hard master. Would've been an all time TAR moment if BB had missed a wheelbarrel of elephant dung.
  4. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    There is no way in hell that Bopper and Mark chase that FF. SOME other team would have done it. It's a complete waste of time to try for it 3+ hours after everyone else has left.

I was almost hoping Art and JJ would have come in last, just so someone could have said "You bitched about other teams not doing the FF... why didn't YOU go do it?"

I now hope Brendon and Rachel don't win. $500 on extensions versus $1,000,000. Hmmmm... tough choice. She didn't even have the models' excuse about needing her hair for her job.

Vanessa really showed her class implying that B & R cheated on the wheelbarrows. The guy in the dung cart was doing the counting... it didn't matter what Rachel said. He said they were good, so they're good. They were handed the clue and continued on. If Rachel had complained that her count was different from the cart guy's count, then I can see it. But she didn't, and God knows she WOULD have if she thought she was right! :) "Nobody messes with MY count!"
  5. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Huh? Why would it? :confused:

Anyone can go to it. Whoever actually finishes it first gets it.
  6. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Nuts, I wanted to see Rachel with a shaved head. :(

Those finale previews... :eek:

"You're the first to arrive; however, you didn't complete part of the roadblock."
  7. debtoine

debtoine WTTWDC

May 17, 2001
    Nothing would make me smile bigger

than if Rachel and Brendan are the ones who screw up.

8. zuko3984

zuko3984 Active Member

May 4, 2002
    I am probably the only one but at this point I am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.
    Vanessa & Ralph well do i really have to say anything about Vanessa and why i don't want her to win. Art & J.J. are the biggest whiners and complainers and just seem like complete jerks to me. Rachel and Dave Are ok i guess, but just something about Dave and the way he sometimes treats Rachel bothers me. So i actively dislike two of the teams and the third i dislike one member so by default i am rooting for Rachel and Brendan.
  9. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    They used the FF in leg 4, they couldn't use this one.
  10. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    Thank you... I had forgotten. I was mindboggled that they wouldn't just go do it.
  11. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    I am not rooting for them but I am close to rooting for them. I am rooting for Dave and Rachel (I like Rachel and she gives as good as she gets) now that Bopper and Mark are out.

My second choice though is Brendan and Rachel just because the other two teams have made themselves far too unlikable. It would be great Karma to see their negativity rewarded by finishing behind Brendan and Rachel.
  12. murgatroyd

murgatroyd Don't stop believin'

Jan 5, 2002
    Thus putting a whole new face on the phrase "crying all the way to the bank." :p

I have news for that girl, and for Vanessa, too. Nothing you can do to the outside makes you pretty if you are ugly on the inside, and they are both ugly down to the bone.
  13. Marc

Marc Active Member TC Club

Jun 26, 1999
    The clue for the roadblock said that Brendan and Bopper had to do the roadblock, but no one seemed to explain why that was.

Was it due to the number of roadblocks that their partners had done, thus making it so that Brendan and Bopper had to do all the remaining ones?
  14. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Well, this episode convinced me that the non-elim last episode was authentic and not thrown in at the last minute. The task they had to complete was too complex to have been able to pull together that quickly.
  15. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Ah...I see. I thought they couldn't use this one because someone already "used" it. That's why I wondered about a penalty. I thought if someone chose the FF (even if they didn't use it like last night), then no one else could choose it.
  16. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    Rachel and Mark had done 5 and Brendan/Bopper had done 3
  17. martinp13

martinp13 YHTBMABIITY

Mar 19, 2001
    The only way I can forgive the producers for telling Bopper and Mark to go for the FF is if it made no difference. They were sooo far behind that there was no way they'd catch up and get ahead of another team. It did add that little bit of excitement to an otherwise obvious elimination.
  18. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TC Club

Mar 19, 2001
    It looked to me like the sky was starting to dim a good bit by the time Bopper & Mark got to the mat. I think that even with the FF they were still an hour or more behind. They were trying to make it look like they had a shot, but I really don't think they did.
  19. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey

Mar 10, 2003
    This. I thought it was a fake out the whole time. I never thought they really had a shot. The BP guys I used to think were pretty smart, but really they aren't. They could have WON the leg, but chose not to go for the FF. They spent more time worrying about the other teams and less about their own game play which was average at best.

B&R? Well, I think they tried to make them as sympathetic as possible, but I just can't get the Rachel of BB out of my head and how disrespectful she was toward the others in the house. Seems she's getting a bit of comeuppance here.

I'm rooting for Rachel and Dave. They fight, but when the chips are down, they get it done and work together. I'm kind of convinced that if wife and I were in the same situation, we'd fight like that too. It's very stressful. But in the end, we'd get it done.
  20. JLucPicard

JLucPicard New Member TC Club

Jul 8, 2004
    They did the Fast Forward earlier in the season where they landed the remote control helicopter on the helmet. As such, they were not eligible to use the FF in this leg.

I would have loved to have seen KY use the FF that R&B passed on, then finish ahead of BP and see them go balistic! Oh well.