1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race 4/22/12

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by bryhamm, Apr 22, 2012.

1. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Has team ever been saved twice in the same season by a non-elim leg?

2. Marc

Marc Active Member TCF Club

Jun 26, 1999
    McMurray, PA
    In several seasons (four that I found so far), teams have been saved by two non-elimination legs, but were generally eliminated after the second one.

One team, however, was saved by two non-elimination legs and ultimately won the game.

3. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I hope Team Big Brother wins just so that Vanessa and Team Border Patrol has their heads explode.

4. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    I kind of feel the same. Those two teams have been so childish in their vendetta that I would rather see Team Big Brother win over those two.

5. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    Especially Vanessa. Rachel had it right in the episode where they had the big cat fight in the airport. She is 38 years old! I hope she is really embarassed to be acting like a role model to the Meathead's kids (I don't even remember his name still) on national tv by snarking on someone's looks the whole time, between the incident where they bleeped out what she was saying at the watermelon truck, then the whole nose job/boob job thing at the airport, and then last night making fun of her lips. She's 38 years old and still acting like a high school mean girl!

6. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    I feel so bad for the Kentucky boys. They want it so bad but are just falling apart at the seams. :(

Sadly I don't want any of the other teams to win. They've all shown such ugliness during the race.

7. fmowry

fmowry Active Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Wow. I dislike the platypus more than anyone else on the show. She is so annoyingly pouty and whiney I can see why both those teams hate her. I don't understand why her fiancee hasn't left her at this point.

At least Vanessa has a sense of humor to the camera and with her teammate. Rachel just cries like a 2 year old not getting her way every time she has trouble with anything. I can't think of one time this season when I enjoyed or was entertained by Rachel being on the screen.

Back to the rest of the show. Kentucky has to be on their last leg. They are both a physical mess at this point and the last episode usually does involve racing. I do think it's the Army guy and his wife's race to lose. As long as he keeps it together and doesn't start attacking her like he did in the first 2-3 episodes every time something got tough. They have to be pretty far ahead as quickly as they did both roadblocks. I figure at least an hour for the dance alone.

8. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member TCF Club

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I don't know if KY will be able to overcome their time deficit/speed bump, but I would think with their 12 hour or so layover, being able to get fluids, etc., Mark will bounce back pretty well. India, near 100 degree heat and direct sun, who knows how long trying to do that stupid dance routine (12 attempts plus all the practice???) - dehydration, frustration and who know what else. Plenty of water, some food, some rest - I think he'll be fine.

9. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    One thing for sure, Bopper is a really good friend to Mark. :up:

10. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I knew all the guys were in trouble (especially the good ol' boys) as soon as I saw it was a dance challenge.

I'm really hoping for an equalizer to give the Kentucky boys a chance. They're the only ones with any redeeming qualities left. I have tremendous admiration for Mark not quitting and Bopper supporting him all the way.

11. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    She's actually 31 according to the website. That does not excuse her behavior in the slightest but we should at least get our facts straight.

I think Rachel said she was 38 just as a dig during the airport showdown.

12. Ment

Ment Active Member

Mar 27, 2008
    People's...
    I know the producers like the Kentucky guys 'give it all you got' story but Mark got gifted the dance challenge then to happen on a non-elimination leg..come on son!

13. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    I just assumed she was 38 because Vanessa responded with something like "at least I still look younger than you", so I assumed that she wasn't disputing the fact that she was 38. :)

Either way, she is far too old to be acting like that, especially for someone who professes to want to act like a role model to the guy's kids.

14. laria

laria Librocubicularist

Sep 7, 2000
    Seacoast, NH
    That whole situation was weird. First Bopper was trying to convince the guy to give up, and then he finally did and they were all ready to go home, and then suddenly he's trying to pep talk him into giving it one more shot?

15. TonyTheTiger

TonyTheTiger Pro Troll Magnet

Dec 22, 2006
    I think the Indian 'coach' convinced him that he was so close, it wouldn't take much to finish the challenge. I'm sure he also felt a little better after he'd been in the shade for a few minutes and removed his sweat-soaked clothes.

16. mike_k

mike_k Registered User TCF Club

Sep 20, 2005
    Mason, OH
    It was weird. I think someone there knew it was a non-elimination leg and strongly encouraged them to finish.

17. Necromancer2006

Necromancer2006 New Member

Jan 26, 2008
    I was so sick of that dance song it took me a couple of hours to stop hearing it after the show ended.

Art & JJ. Wow, those guys are just idiots. Let it go. The "Teachers" were so far back that the U-Turn wouldn't have made a difference. I would have liked to have seen karma bite those two a little harder than it did.

Not that it will make a big difference, I see a significant equalizer for next week, but Kentucky will still wind up going home.

18. wendiness1

wendiness1 WiiMomma

Jul 29, 2005
    Idunno
    I agree, Laria. Even though I like him, Bopper was inconsistent with his encouragement to go home/encouragement to try once more.

I think the director (dance coach) felt panicked that he might be responsible for causing one of the teams to quit, thinking he had let TAR producers down, and might have thrown out a broad hint that he wouldn't judge quite so harshly if Mark tried once more.

I'll bet somebody also mentioned that it might be a non-elimination leg, which wasn't shown in the edit as it would have lessened the drama.

I'm not pleased to have the show back in India. I'm so bored with going there.

19. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Bopper was inconsistent, but I think a lot transpired between those scenes that they're not showing us. Same with the dance coach... there was some producer involvement for sure.

20. sburnside1

sburnside1 New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    The 11th attempt looked better than the 12th. I think the judge felt bad for asking him to try again. I also thought what we saw of the 11th looked better than some of the teams passing attempts.

I dont really care for Brendan and Rachel, but I am disliking the 2 other teams more with their constant harassment.