1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Amazing Race - 2 part episode OAD 4/20/17

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Regina, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:07 PM.

1. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Hope it is OK I combined the two eps-didn't see the need to have separate threads-

Can't say I am sorry to see Shamir go-but of course I feel sorry for Sara-

Ashton needs to get off of Vanck's back! Geez! What is her problem? And what was with Phil asking her if her teammate was pulling his weight? He was doing fine! When they had that snafu with her bag and hat, so what? Since when is he responsible for her stuff? Take care of your own stuff, Ashton! Vanck is not your valet!

I LOLed when Joey read the two options for the road block in the first ep- Lock or Knock- with his wicked Baaaaastaaaan accent - Laaaawk or Knaaaawk! :D

Liz and Michael need to stop arguing like a couple of toddlers and grow up! They won two in a row, now they are falling apart-what is going on?

Loved TeamFun's reaction to the tandem jump-can't believe they didn't win the leg. Oh, well, everyone is still racing.

2. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    I must say, I am tired of Brooke and her whining. I would hate to see her partner Scott go, but her, not at all. She acts as if she thought the race was not going to be hard work and a challenge.

This seems to be the week of bickering: Michael, especially, and Liz; and Ashton, who indeed now is coming off as a "difficult" person. (Plus, of course, Brooke--but that seems to be her MO.) Odd, when they were doing well in that regard earlier. Perhaps the result of the stress, as the race continues on.

And Matt and Redmond--boy, can those boys book it! One poor editing moment, I thought: an extended camera focus, at one point, on the team's feet alone, as if trying to point up Redmond's prosthetic--unnecessary and uncalled for, IMHO.

3. pdhenry

pdhenry Now 10% off

Feb 27, 2005
    PA
    When they were on the ground getting ready to to the helicopter sky dives the ship at dock was Cunard's Queen Elizabeth.

I actually recognized the fjord from all of the Cunard ads showing it before I saw the ship.

4. stellie93

stellie93 Active Member

Feb 25, 2006
    I thought all the other times someone used an express pass they had plenty of time to get there first--and they didn't waste any unnecessary time doing it, did they? That was kind of unfair.

5. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I think they took a pretty long helicopter ride to get to the point where they picked up the skydiving instructors. Then they probably had to go through some on-ground training. Then they had to fly back to the original spot so that when they landed the skydive, they would be near where they left their car at the beginning of the leg. I was not surprised at all that they didn't come in first. Especially with how quickly those two teams finished the kayaking task compared to the teams that had to run all over town gathering those firecrackers from the trolls.

That giant bonfire tower was super cool. It's really too bad they couldn't work out the logistics of the race to be there on the night when they burned it down.

I wonder if Brooke really is that weak that she couldn't cut the metal while Becca seemed to have no problem, or if there was some other issue (lack of confidence, crappy tools, her "can't do" attitude, etc.).

Sorry to see Sara go, but definitely not sorry to see Shamir go. That guy was a whiny loser. And he thought he was going to win the race. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

6. Gerryex

Gerryex Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    At the mat Michael said he wanted to go further with the car and Liz didn't. But it was Michael who told her to drive into that parking garage which ended up a waste of time. So he was totally in the wrong about that. Also she was right in reading the map to find the gargoyles (or whatever they were) even though she was not using a compass. She was rightly comparing the images of the buildings on the map with what she saw. Again, Michael was wrong!

Gerry

7. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    Yes, Michael was wrong about nearly everything in this episode, and he was admitting that he was wrong, but he was doing it in a very passive-aggressive way that made it clear he still thought Liz was in the wrong, even though he had to admit she had been right about everything. The only thing he argued for that he was right about is that they could have driven to the top of the hill rather than walk up all those steps. But since neither of them could figure out how to get to the road that took them to the top, even then he didn't have a leg to stand on.

Mikeguy likes this.
  8. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    As someone who's marriage almost ended during a kayaking attempt on my honeymoon (never to be repeated--and still married many years later), I was surprised that the kayakers did so well. I was sure that we'd be treated to hilarious and cringe-inducing slamming into walls, turning in endless circles, etc. I guess most of the racers were smarter than my just-married self and saw the danger immediately. Good for them! But, too bad for us viewers.

verdugan likes this.
  9. Maui

Maui Major Lee Oblivious

Apr 22, 2000
    Decatur, IL
    Isn't a fast pass supposed to be, you know, faster?

10. Jeff_in_Bklyn

Jeff_in_Bklyn Member

Apr 26, 2003
    Becca is a rock climber, really strong hands and grip.

11. fmowry

fmowry Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    She wasn't using the snips properly. She probably thought they would work more like scissors and when Becca taught her to take small cuts and keep the metal closest to the connection of the two sides of the blades she finally got it. Any strength would help too obviously.

And yeah, that fast pass was sorta lame because it was so slow.

12. madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    The fast pass was not that fast, but it was amazing. I'm interested in how different the times were, but I think I'd have given up a first place finish (especially as the first place finisher didn't get a prize in this leg since it was a "keep racing" leg) to use that fast pass!

I'm also so thankful that Team Fun took it instead of Brooke and Scott; it was so much more fun to watch someone who was really excited and thankful than those two, who would have been all whiny and screamy.

13. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    I agree, although think that it would have been fun watching Brooke screaming, whining and complaining all the way down, and then blaming her tandem partner for the landing--I would presume that Brooke would expect to be landed on a mountain of duck down.

14. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier TCF Club

Apr 7, 2004
    Arlington, VA
    I'm still really loving this season; it's been their best in YEARS now that there are actual villains again. Brooke is the most Flo-like character we've had in some time.

15. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    It wasn't a fast pass, it was a fast-forward-they still have the "fast pass" to use if they need it! :D

16. getbak

getbak Active Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    No, they had until the end of this leg to use the Express Pass.

They mentioned that right at the start of the episode. When they decided to go for the Fast Forward, they said they were glad they didn't have to use it because no one would be mad at them for lying about not having it.

Now, the funny thing is that they probably would have won the leg had they not done the Fast Forward and instead used the Express Pass to skip the Detour.

17. Regina

Regina I've got Jewbs!

Mar 29, 2003
    Indiana
    Oh, I see-I was super tired watching this and I will admit to falling asleep a few times :confused: - thanks! :D

18. verdugan

verdugan Active Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    That wasn't an express pass. It was a fast forward.

But yes, it was weird that they didn't arrive first. However, Becca's face when she found out kind of makes up for it.

19. Mikeguy

Jul 28, 2005
    And, they had the experience of a lifetime! :)

20. robojerk

robojerk Active Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Laguna Hills CA
    I just think since the teams were so closely grouped together (at least edited that way) that there could've been a chance that #TeamFun would've been sent home doing the Fast Forward. The Kayak challenge seemed way quick & easy, not that the troll one wasn't but it seemed to be a little more time consuming, so if all the teams chose that the kayak one to me at least it seemed like it could've happened..