1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The all time biggest jerk on tv

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Apr 15, 2012.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh.

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I watched an old episode of Lost In Space on MeTv yesterday. I had never even heard of MeTv until yesterday. Anyway, Doctor Smith was an a-hole who, for his own selfish reasons, put the lives of other people in jeopardy in this episode as he did in just about every other Lost In Space episode. Doctor Smith get my initial vote as the Biggest A-Hole In The History Of Tv Shows. What say you?

2. mwhip

mwhip All better

Jul 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Currently? "King" Joffrey on Game of Thrones

3. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Yes Dr Smith was a comic character.... more of a nin-nee. Someone like King Joffrey is a better example of an a-hole.

4. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I always thought that some of the characters Jerry Stiller has played, in sitcoms, have been some of the most a-holish characters in tv. I could not stand Frank Costanza or Arthur Spooner, especially Spooner.

5. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    The evil queen lady in Once Upon a Time is the top of my current-tv list.

6. gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Currently: Kenny Powers 'Eastbound and Down'.

Past: for me at least Bill Bittinger 'Buffalo Bill'.

7. Cearbhaill

Cearbhaill Garden obsessed

Aug 1, 2004
    Raking leaves
  8. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    I think Cartman from South Park deserves a nomination, even if he is animated.

9. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    On the pilot of "Lost in Space" (and yeah, I watched it live in genuine black and white) Dr. Smith was a crafty, dangerous, and devious saboteur who reprogrammed the robot to fly the Jupiter II way off course while the entire crew was onboard in suspended animation...then he got trapped on board.

When the show was opposite and had to compete with the campy Batman they made him a blundering clown and brought on all of the silly plots, campy props, and aliens to fight.

10. danterner

danterner Not it!

Mar 4, 2005
    Greenacres, FL
    Dr. Nicholas Rush (Stargate: SGU)

11. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
  12. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    No mentions of Dr. House yet?

13. vikingguy

vikingguy New Member

Aug 11, 2005
    For me and the wife it is King Joffrey hands down. The casting and actor are just perfect. I want to punch him in the face every time I see him on screen.

14. Archangel00

Archangel00 New Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Gulf Coast
    Kyle Busch, neck in neck with his brother Kurt. (though according to Kurt Busch, Dr. Jerry Punch is the a-hole.)

If it MUST be a fictional character then Joffrey Baratheon is certainly at or near the top for current shows, along with Clay Morrow.

House is almost certainly the most intelligent a-hole in a current series with Dr. Rodney McKay being most intelligent a-hole of all time.

15. markz

markz Hilarity Ensues

Oct 22, 2002
    Connersville...
    Or Dr Cox (Scrubs)

16. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    The local govt access channel on cable airs city council meetings, so my vote is for my city councilman neighbor.

17. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Correct. Watched it live - black and white as well (wasn't season 2 in color - what exciting times to have lived in!). Guess I was a nerd, but I liked the original concept of Lost in Space where it was intended to be more serious science fiction revolving around a family's fight to survive together against the odds. BTW the show changed fast and was mostly a joke before season one even completed.

Smith became no more evil than The Joker, The Penquin, and Mr Freeze.

18. caslu

caslu Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Agree with all those saying King Joffrey from Game of Thrones, plus I'll add Colton from this season's Survivor: One World and of course no a-hole list would be complete w/o Rush Limbaugh.

19. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Herndon,...
    Remember... it's not who is most evil. It's who is the biggest jerk. Dr. Smith (cartoonish and all) still qualifies. He was quite the jerk.

Larry David would be a good nominee.

Colton too, except he just didn't stay around long enough.

Rush Limbaugh is good... but I assumed we're talking about fictional characters here.

20. Family

Family Member

Jul 23, 2001
    I was thinking evil jerk, but you're right it's just jerk. That opens up a whole different new crowd. George Castanza was as big a jerk as anyone.