1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TechHive's Review of Roamio by Jason Snell

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by consumedsoul, Aug 26, 2013.

1. consumedsoul

consumedsoul New Member

Jan 13, 2013
  2. aristoBrat

aristoBrat New Member

Dec 30, 2002
    From looking at the specifics behind his ratings, I guess it's fair to say that he really wants better Amazon support. :D
  3. sbiller

sbiller New Member

May 10, 2002
    Haha. Regarding Amazon, it seems like he thinks Amazon Instant isn't integrated into the search results which is incorrect.
  4. sbiller

sbiller New Member

May 10, 2002
    He's also saying Hulu Plus isn't integrated in the TiVo search. You would think he would have tried more than one program. I know the database isn't perfect but the unified search is one of my favorite features on my Premiere. When I do watch Amazon Instant Video I purchase the video on Amazon.com and download it to my Premiere for viewing on the Amazon website so I'm never subjected to the jarring SD Amazon interface.

I can't wait to get my Roamio with the new apps.
  5. Am_I_Evil

Am_I_Evil New Member

Apr 7, 2009
    well he also said his series 2 was HD
  6. jsnell

jsnell TeeVee.org

Mar 16, 2000
    I love you guys.

All the searches for Hulu and Amazon content failed when I wrote my review.

And yes, I had the series 2 DirecTiVo, which was HD. Believe me, I paid $800 for it and it worked for all of 6 months.
  7. JohnnyO

JohnnyO Crimper

Nov 3, 2002
    Indeed it was HD. I have two sitting in the garage. It was the slow, slow addition of any more HD channels that worked with that DirectTiVo that drove me to Comcast and a TiVo HD.

Now five months after receiving my Roamio, I've added a TiVo Mini and sold both TiVoHD units.