1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take Me Out - Fox's New Reality Dating Show

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by gossamer88, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Jun 7, 2012 #1 of 11
    gossamer88

gossamer88 HDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da boogie...
    Enjoyed this more than I expected to. George Lopez is the host and does a great job with his double entendres.

Basically, they bring out 1 guy for 30 women. The men have three chances to impress. The first round is an introduction based on appearance alone and the women vote by "turning off" their lights if...well...they're turned off.

The second round is a video delving more into the guys background.

The third round is also a video. Except it shows a side that will certainly turned them on or off.

I thought it was a lot of fun and it really shows why so many women are single today. They are just too damn picky!

One more thing, if in the end there are some light on, he asks one question then turns off those lights of the women he's not interested in.

The first guy, who my wife and I thought was a pretty good catch, "turned off" all the women. His second video revealed he hunts. That did him in.

2. Jun 8, 2012 #2 of 11
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    It would seem, if the women wanted to guarantee face-time, they should 'turn off' each guy. If I heard right, the ones that are not picked come back week after week. So that would ensure they get on TV more.

It annoys me when they all give the heart-symbol with their hands. This was popular years ago and thankfully faded out, and now it is back. I blame Beiber and Osbourne.

Since there is nothing else on at that time for me, I am sticking with it. It is a good show where I can just turn off my brain and shake my head at these people.

3. Jun 8, 2012 #3 of 11
    Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
  4. Jun 8, 2012 #4 of 11
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Exactly. Where is Susan Powter when I need her??

5. Jun 8, 2012 #5 of 11
    rondotcom

rondotcom Member

Feb 12, 2005
    I love this show. It is based on the premse that hot chicks can't get dates. Right.

6. Jun 8, 2012 #6 of 11
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Can somebody please give George Lopez a lozenge?!

7. Jun 8, 2012 #7 of 11
    That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Keep in mind that we've only seen half of what the show is all about - I wouldn't be surprised if the main selling point of the show is watching what happens on the dates.

Also, I wonder if the 29 women remaining at the end of the show will be there next week, or if they get a new set for each episode (which, among other things, would let them stick the dating segments into pretty much any episode rather than having to air them "in order". Something tells me that, unless the show gets cancelled prematurely and they decide not to burn off the remaining episodes in the late Saturday night slot, then the last episode will have all of the men "blacked out".

8. Jun 8, 2012 #8 of 11
    TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    I thought George said that all the girls will end up on a date, so that tells me that they will keep coming back and the empty slots will stay empty?

9. Jun 8, 2012 #9 of 11
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Last night they replaced the women that got the dates with new women, so the 'flirty 30' (sigh) were always full.

10. classicX

classicX Don't scream.

May 10, 2006
    Miles away...
    Both my wife and I enjoyed this show more than "The Choice" - although I speculated that they would almost always choose guys that would, on the second and third rounds, reveal some ultimately divisive quality.

My thoughts on the first episode:

The first guy seemed a bit neurotic - I'm not sure it was the hunting alone that did him in. With his regimented meal planning, and the fact that he hunts and eats animals that are not usual american fare, he probably fell below the line on the Hot/Crazy Scale.

As far as the last guy was concerned, it's at least a bit likely that the his "Gladiator" outfit video was taken out of context, and that he doesn't put on that outfit randomly or without reason. I was quite surprised actually when so many lights went out. I thought the one lady who couldn't understand him was quite rude about it - she could have just said "I'm not good at understanding accents."

11. mattack

mattack Active Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Both of these shows were really boring.. But I will give them one more chance, just to see what happens on the dates.. If that is RIDICULOUSLY entertaining, I might watch again. But at this point, I doubt it.