1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TA question

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Surrealone, Aug 20, 2013.

1. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    After I got my Roamio pro and I take my 2 single stream cable cards in for 1 multi stream card should I also make sure to take my TA to make sure the firmware is up to date to support 6 tuners? I did do a search;) and from I'm reading all the TA's should have updated firmware to support the 6 tuners. oop's I forgot to add that I have cox cable if that matters

2. CoxInPHX

CoxInPHX COX Communications

Jan 14, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    You should always specify Motorola or Cisco when asking questions about TAs and CableCARDs.

But, Yes, both Motorola and Cisco CCs and TA do support 6 tuners, and Cox has recently updated the Cisco CC's for improved 6 Tuner Support.

For Cisco
    CableCARD OS Version should be: PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
    Tuning Adapter Firmware should be: FLASH: STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601

3. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    oop's I forgot that part Motorola TA and the CC will not matter I'm turning them in for multi stream.

So I should take my TA with me to have it updated? Or should I look for firmware ver in the menu for TA on my tivo box?

4. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    Neither. If you take it in, you might even get one with OLDER firmware.

The firmware can be updated over the wire, but only by the cable company pushes, so you will have to call them if it doesn't do it automatically.

5. Surrealone

Surrealone TiVoOnThEmInD

Dec 8, 2006
    Thank you!

6. MeInDallas

MeInDallas Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Dallas, Texas
    We have the Motorola MTR-700 tuning adapter here, and they updated the firmware back the first of the year I think it was, I forgot, but its running Platform Version: 01.37 which allows 6 tuners, if that helps you out any.

7. ahwman

ahwman Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Do you ever lose your SDV channels and need to power-cycle your TA? I also have a Motorola TA running version 1.37 and at least twice/week have to power-cycle it as I will lose all of my SDV channels without warning. Swapping out the TA for a new one has had no effect and I have had all of my cabling/signal levels checked from the pole right to my TiVo by a senior engineer and all is within spec. At this point I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue related to the Roamio. I don't know where to go from here...

8. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    I have a similar experience although probably not as frequently. I don't know HOW often it happens, since I never live tune and there are very few SDV channels I actually record anything from.

Roamio, Cox, Motorola TA

9. dkarius

dkarius New Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Yes this has been happening to me but I completely loose the signal so the Tivo ends up recording nothing but air. The way I have been fixing it is to reboot the Tivo which I cannot do while away from home. I would like Tivo to have the ability to reboot off site with a software patch.

10. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    It is much faster, easier, and safer to reboot the TA. I have actually thought about putting a timed power controller on it, if the problem gets worse.