1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TA paired to cableCard or account?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Tony Chick, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Tony Chick

Tony Chick New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    I have a working Premiere/CableCard/TA setup. I have a new XL4 and I just picked up a new CableCard from Time-Warner but they were out of Tuning Adapters and won't get any for several days. The self-install on the card went fine so I get the non-SDV channels. Can I connect my existing TA to the new XL4 or is it paired with that particular CableCard?

2. Teeps

Teeps Active Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Try it; worse case is a call to TW to "hit" the tuning adapter.

3. pmiranda

pmiranda New Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Austin, TX
    With TW in Austin the TA goes with the account, but keep an eye on it around the end of the billing cycl,e which is when they cull anything amiss on the network.

4. moyekj

moyekj Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Mission...
    At least for the Moto TAs they are tied to account only. I've moved TAs around indiscriminately several times to be used with different units without consequence.

5. Tony Chick

Tony Chick New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Sherman...
    Thanks guys, sounds like its worth the effort to put the XL4 into the AV cabinet in place of the Premiere, then I'll use the new TA on the old Premiere when I finally get it.

6. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    TAs are always tied to the account not any device. They are provisioned almost the same as a cable box or cable modem.