1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - The Dead Can Still Talk OAD 10-16-13

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by brianric, Oct 16, 2013.

1. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Candice must be a real b**** to live with. Why is she and others that hold a grudge realize it is a game. They take every vote against them as something personal. I'm now rooting for Brad Culpepper, just for his attitude about how Survivor should be played.

2. InterMurph

InterMurph Member

May 22, 2003
    Gloucester, MA
    His attitude was ****ty when he was in control, then suddenly humble and understanding when he got voted out. He has no chance of winning.

I was pulling for Candice to win the challenge, but the game is definitely more intersting with Culpeper in it.

3. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Laura Morett posted this on Facebook. Obviously regarding the massage she gave to Aras.

https://www.facebook.com/LauraMorett/posts/10153414980045372

“To all my family and friends: I knew going into this that I was taking the chance of the risk of the “edit” of Hollywood. Tonights episode of Survivor does just that. They have taken a COMPLETELY innocent situation and make it look “Intimate”. Those of you that know me, know my heart and how much I love and value my Faith, my husband & my family, and those of you that don’t, you are going to think want you want, but please know that I would have given that same massage to my sons. So that is why I am so offended by how CBS is implying anything inappropriate. Please hang in there with me, I know it doesn’t make sense now, but it will as the weeks go by. If you think this show has been intense so far…..just wait….the excitement is just about to start. Thank you for all your support. It REALLY means a lot to both Ciera Morett Eastin and myself. Please join Ciera Morett Eastin and myself at Gilgamesh Brewing to watch tonights episode. Thanks again. Keeping the Faith”

4. Fool Me Twice

Fool Me Twice >>>>>>

Jul 6, 2004
    :up:

5. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    I'm sorry to see Candice go and even sorrier to see Brad stay.

6. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Voting off Laura M could hurt them in future challenges if there is a puzzle.

7. nmiller855

nmiller855 New Member

Sep 26, 2000
    East of...
    I was a little disturbed that Monica just parroted the words back to her husband like that is what she has been trained to do. I realize the show is edited but that made her look like a Stepford wife.

8. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Can't figure out why John would give Monica the clue again. Too obvious that she would burn it. Obviously he can't know that she is in the power group on that tribe, but he could try and give it to someone on his original tribe.

9. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I do not like it when people who are already multi-millionaires get the chance to play Survivor or any other reality game. The prize should be life changing for the winner. Therefore I want the Culpeppers gone. Similarly, on TAR I want the women marrried to pro baseball players to lose (I haven't watched since week 1 so I don't know if they are still there, so I'm not spoiling anything).

Additionally, it does not seem fair for married couples to be playing against people who are related in other ways because married people in effect have double the chance of winning as say two brothers. Whether the wife or the husband wins, the money legally belongs to both of them.

10. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I totally disagree ;)

I want the best player to win. Their financial status means nothing to me.
    Just like I don't agree with the "he/she is poor and deserves the money more" logic.

11. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    I totally agree.

Another pet peeve of mine at final tribal council is "what do you plan on doing with the money?" It's no one else business.

12. tiams

tiams New Member

Apr 19, 2004
    I also disagree with anyone winning because they "deserve" it more. And I agree that the person who plays the best game should win. But give the chance to play the game and win on merit to everyday people; people whose entire life could be completely changed with a million bucks (which is most people).

13. late for dinner

late for dinner Past Expiration Date

May 17, 2013
    Colorado...
    you do not know for sure if they're wealthy or not.

14. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    OMG...I HATE THAT QUESTION. I swear if I ever make it to a final on one of these show and somebody asks me that stupid question, I'm gonna go OFF!

15. brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    Letterman has an ongoing gag, where he introduces someone in the audience who won a Nobel prize. Letterman asks the guy what he's going to do with the money. The response is hookers and beer. :D

16. Azlen

Azlen Active Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I agree that it shouldn't be a factor in determining who should win, but jurors can use just about any criteria they want in casting their vote. If someone wants to vote based on how each person will use the money, it is fully within their rights to ask. There also isn't a rule that anyone has to answer jury questions truthfully either.

17. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    I promise to use that line, should the time come!

18. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    pick a number

19. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    That's the PC version. Hookers and blow is the correct answer. :)