1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor South Pacific ood 12/7/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by betts4, Dec 7, 2011.

1. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Cochran gave it a decent go there with the maze thing.

Brandon is just a trip and a half. Brandon's dad = Russell's brother? He looks like he could be.

I give Edna 5 stars for trying to persuade and change the vote. She did some good work there, even in the tribal council, but you could see by the silence that it wasn't going to work.

And Ozzie!!! you should have given Rick time with his wife. He is the only married one.
  2. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Yup that's Russell's brother.

Can't blame Edna for trying everything she could. But she never really played the game until the end. She rode along with coach. And I don't have any sympathy for crying in this game.
  3. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    Well he's Russell's nephew and they both have the last name Hantz could it be any other way?
  4. Boston Fan

Boston Fan New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Eastern PA
    Jeff introduced him as Russell's brother at the RI challenge.
  5. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Is this the first time Survivor used Loony Tunes(TM) sound effects during a challenge? It seemed really out of place for me, although I did find it amusing.
    I was SO hoping Cochran would beat Ozzie, and he almost did. Did I not predict that the challenge would be suited for Cochran in last weeks' thread? :p
  6. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    okay, alright already! I missed that. :eek:
  7. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    People are trying to make their moves just a bit too late.
  8. dfergie

dfergie Member

Aug 27, 2006
    I felt sorry for Edna, Brandon is a real Psycho but he is not win able so will make it to the final 3 ...
  9. KyleLC

KyleLC Unregistered User

Feb 6, 2002
    Sugar Land, TX
  10. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    Russle calling his dad "bro" was strange. I was glad, though, to see that Russle's dad could see how poorly he was playing the game. :)
  11. Magister

Magister Fat, Dumb and Happy

Oct 17, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    I thought the expression on Brandon's Dad's face when he was explaining his Christian mission on Survivor was great. 'Umm, you need to take care of your family'
  12. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    I didn't quite get the excuse the Coach gave Edna for why they the others wouldn't vote out Brandon: Because they didn't want to send him to RI for fear that he'd beat Ozzy.
    ...So they don't want Brandon coming back into the game, therefore they'd rather keep in in the game? Or was it because they want Ozzy to come back into the game? Either way: :confused:
  13. loubob57

loubob57 Cancer sucks! TCF Club

Mar 19, 2001
    Fort Worth, TX
    Aargh! My TiVo locked up and didn't record this episode! I'll have to get my updates here. So is RI over? Is Ozzy back in the tribe?
  14. heySkippy

heySkippy oldweakandpathetic

Jul 2, 2001
    Sarasota, FL
    No & no.

You can watch the episode at cbs.com.
  15. jradosh

jradosh Newlywed

Jul 31, 2001
    I think they don't want a pissed-off ("you voted me out, now DIE!!!") Brandon to come back into the game :eek:
  16. Jebberwocky!

Jebberwocky! Guest

Apr 16, 2005
    You may have but this challenge was not suited for Cochran in any manner. Unless jerking the pulleys up and down is a good strategy. That said, he almost pulled it off if we can believe what they showed us.

Pretty much any challenge that incorporated eye to hand coordination would not be good for Cochran.

How about the previews for next week's show? Could Ozzie be in trouble or are they just messing with us.
  17. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    After the conversation with Ozzie, I am thinking Coach wants - Coach, Ozzie, Brandon at the final tribal. It would be interesting to see who wins between Coach and Ozzie.
  18. ducker

ducker New Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Brandon is a bozo... and is a safe person to bring to the final 3.
    he's shown multiple times that he is not well spoken, so it isn't like he is going to wooo the jury with his final comments.

imho - Rick the wall flower should have been bumped out.
    Again - Coach, and the others are playing an ultra safe (read: booooooring) game.
    The problem is that everyone feels safe with their inner alliances with each other.

the "big move" that they made was partnering up with Cochran. Edna and Cochran's only prayer was to shake things up before the last of the "other" tribe were voted out. But again -- so much hatred towards Cochran, and so much cool-aid drank at Coach's camp, that no one else was making moves aside from Cochran.
  19. WO312

WO312 Active Member

Jan 24, 2003
    I can't believe they would tell us up front about Ozzy losing. I think they are playing with us.
  20. pendragn

pendragn Active Member

Jan 21, 2001
    Ames Iowa
    I was amused when Coach was saying that all the Hantzs played the same. I know he's lived with them both and I haven't, but they don't seem the least bit the same to me. Not at all. Russell is methodical, smart, and mostly cool under pressure. Brandon is dumb, reckless, impulsive, and holding on to sanity by a string. Their styles are completely different to me.