1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Survivor - OAD 10/02/2013

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Donbadabon, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Oct 2, 2013 #1 of 91
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    Wow!

What a punk. So glad Jeff wasn't easy on him for quitting the game. Several times Jeff mentioned that he was a 'two time quitter'.

And then the bombshell - he faked his injury the last time! That blew me away. Jeff asked him to own up to it, but he hemmed and hawed around it.

So glad he is gone.

In the immunity challenge, Ciera just doesn't have a competitive instinct in her. She basically jumped in the water the first round, and gave up in the second.

Dumb move in the end voting John out, IMO. If they keep having physical challenges they will lose.

2. Oct 2, 2013 #2 of 91
    brianric

brianric Active Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Pennsville, NJ
    If Probst suspected Colton quit the first time on Survivor, then why in hell did he bring him back so he can quit a second time. Two time loser. :mad::thumbsdown:

3. Oct 2, 2013 #3 of 91
    LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Agree. I thought that was sort of one of the unofficial rules of the show...you quit, we're done with you. I thought Jeff had even said something like that in the past in some interview when asked about one of the previous quitters coming back. So if they suspected he quit, why take the chance on him? Give that chance to someone who actually deserves it.

Though I must admit it was rather amusing to see him make a fool of himself like that, prove nothing about him has changed, and then go down in flames (no pun intended).

4. Oct 2, 2013 #4 of 91
    betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Oh they brought him back just so he could add some drama and quit again. They knew he wouldn't last.

What happened to Tyson's shoulder?

5. Oct 3, 2013 #5 of 91
    JETarpon

JETarpon Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2003
    Stupid stupid stupid. If he wanted out, he should have suffered through it, and then sacrificed himself by taking his fiance's place when he could.

6. Oct 3, 2013 #6 of 91
    MrCouchPotato

MrCouchPotato New Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Darn, I wish he waited to quit until after the immunity challenge. I wanted to see him get whooped on! That was embarrassing crawling into his boyfriends lap.

7. Oct 3, 2013 #7 of 91
    Donbadabon

Donbadabon Geocacher

Mar 5, 2002
    Franklin, TN
    To Jeff's credit, he has stated publicly that he did not want Colton back, but was overruled.
    This would explain Jeff's immediate acceptance of Colton's quit. Normally Jeff would try to talk people down. This time he seemed more than eager to get Colton out of there.

As entertaining as that would've been, I'd bet in that challenge Colton would just jump in the water before being touched. I still would've like to have seen that happen though.

8. Oct 3, 2013 #8 of 91
    Peter000

Peter000 Active Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    Colton has the emotional maturity of a three-year-old. So glad he's gone.

This season is proving more entertaining than I expected, though. The extra dynamics of loved ones on the opposite teams is interesting.

9. Oct 3, 2013 #9 of 91
    LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach New Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Jeff even mentioned at the end that the tribe continues to get weaker. I guess the voted off all the strong women so they had to start on the men. Just wish it had been Brad. One of the dumbest tribes ever.

Looked like he had a slight dislocation.

10. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Thanks for the links. He quoted one of my favorite lines from the episode -
    Jeff to Colton
    How he climbed onto his boyfriends lap made me want to throw up. Not because of them being gay but because it was just so pathetic.

I didn't get the strategy of Culpepper at the end and the tribe voting a strong guy out instead of one of the two gals. In fact one of them got beat by her mother in the challenge and it was probably the only person her mother could have beat. The girls did look at each other and smile - the blindside made them safe till the next tribal at least.

11. VegasVic

VegasVic Craps Player

Nov 21, 2002
    The Craps Table
    Glad he's gone but would have loved to see him in the challenge. With Colton and Rupert gone I can enjoy the rest of the season.

12. LordKronos

LordKronos New Member

Dec 28, 2003
    My 3 year old daughter does that, but she usually cries less than Colton when she does it.

13. bryhamm

bryhamm randomize

Jun 30, 2004
    St Louis area
    Someone on the vet tribe said it best ... Colton was frustrated because people wouldn't talk strategy with him.

He basically showed that when things don't go his way he throws a tantrum.

14. Anubys

Anubys KMT Soccer Playa

Jul 16, 2004
    Fairfax...
    So they voted out strong women and when they ran out of those they voted out a strong man. I wonder why they keep losing!

15. bikegeek

bikegeek Member

Dec 28, 2006
    Amesbury, MA
    John made the mistake of only telling Culpepper the clue to find the hidden immunity idol.

16. pmyers

pmyers Active Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Probst didn't bring him back.

17. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    I loled when Dalton wrote what Hayden said about Pandora's Box being opened and a crossover from Big Brother. So funny, I didn't notice that when Hayden said it!

18. hfcsyrup

hfcsyrup Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Probst was overruled so they allow Colton back? Yea right, if probst didnt want him he could have persuaded them, he is the showrunner, EP, host, only reason this show still exists.

As for Colton quitting, I wish Jeff would have said if one member quits, their loved one must leave/quit also.
    And then how come he didnt offer quitter going to RI?
    And also I thought when someone quits normally they dont have a tribal or send someone home? They build that in to account for people getting hurt or quitting? Yet here they go right along and have the RI challange and then another tribal. Survivor makes the rules up on the fly.

They're not winning with John, so when you're not winning with strong people it's ok to vote out strong people.

19. dirtypacman

dirtypacman Coming and going

Feb 3, 2004
    MA
    We were all happy to see Colton go, his decision or not. A specific problem with the casting of the show, a ratings grab, and the fabricated or manipulated "heroes and villians" inside the game. When they weigh on the side of good drama over good players you get bad decisions. Really it is a kick to the entire cast when someone like that gets to play. From un-necessary drama to the worst case abandoning your own team (it could benefit morale wise though as Colton sucked) it does really no justice to the core of the game. Yes its a social expirment but why bring toxic people into especially for a 2nd time. That all being said I am happy he is gone and the game is interesting enough with the other players and elements too it this year.

Weird episode, never expected John to go but maybe I was overlooking the fact that the immunity idol puts a huge target on your back. He certainly dug his own grave not opening up to his alliance and letting them trust him more. I enjoyed all the challenges so far this year. I think they are giving it a variety of new and fresh and classic/gritty. Good stuff.

Poor Tyson, loses his girl, busts his shoulder, has to defend his cupcake. I really get a kick out of him for some reason. Seems like a funny dude and I am now kind of rooting for him as one of the strong returning players.

Their are some real characters that are making for some entertaining television. I think it could end up being a real interesting season.